LONDON, Nov. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
OTT video markets in Asia-Pacific differ largely due to demographic and economic factors and the telecom landscape. Markets with high adoption rates of pay-TV, fixed broadband and mobile broadband see the most robust and innovative OTT ecosystems. In South Korea and Singapore, where smartphone and pay-TV penetration rates exceed 80%, there are OTT services that function as linear and SVoD TV-everywhere complements to traditional pay-TV services. These have evolved either through telecom operators or pay-TV providers offering an OTT service themselves, for example Hooq from Singtel, or through broadcasters leveraging their assets on the Internet, like Pooq from South Korea's terrestrial broadcasters or Toggle from FTA providers in Singapore. OTT services in both markets see heavy traffic from mobile networks. Markets with low pay-TV penetration, low broadband penetration or low smartphone penetration see lower levels of OTT adoption and simpler services.
- Best practices from Asia-Pacific providers show how important hybrid models are to success in OTT video. OTT providers in markets that score lower on the Readiness and Intensity sections of the Pyramid Research OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index should consider focusing on AVoD before introducing SVoD and TVoD services.
- The importance of mobile service in Asia-Pacific should not be underestimated: in emerging Asia, mobile networks offer a way to expand the addressable OTT market, while Wi-Fi represents a key enabler technology for nomadic usage in developed Asia.
- Pure-play OTT players and telecom operators should seek to partner in order to create value. Operators can differentiate themselves better and increase customer loyalty by using an OTT service; for pure-play OTTs, meanwhile, partnering with operators can boost customer acquisition by exposing households to the service via pre-established customer relationships.
- Media companies should repackage their content into OTT services in order to leverage their cost advantages and to future-proof their business as media consumption increasingly comes from online sources.
- In light of lower-income households getting connected globally, pay-TV and telecom operators in APAC should look at addressing this segment by launching a low-cost, stand-alone and mobile-focused OTT video service packed with relevant content. This would significant expand the operator's addressable market and have the indirect benefit of reducing online piracy.
'OTT Video in Asia-Pacific: 4G Networks to Boost OTT Growth across Diverse Markets,' a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, analyzes the market for over-the-top (OTT) video services in Asia-Pacific. It provides both an overview of the existing situation with current trends and a detailed look at select service providers and markets. Examples are provided from Asia-Pacific markets of all types.
The report is organized as follows:
- The OTT video market: This section provides a general analysis of OTT services, including a taxonomy and a look at business models and content provision as relevant to APAC markets.
- OTT video in Asia-Pacific: This section examines more specifically the region's markets, including pay-TV and smartphone penetration, common business models, pricing schemes and OTT service provider types. The section also provides results from the Pyramid Research OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index, comparing the main OTT markets on infrastructure, demand and socioeconomic factors, and profiles a number of OTT service providers.
- China OTT market focus: This section analyzes the largest addressable OTT video market globally, exploring the largest OTT players, providing market and revenue forecasts and identifying key market trends.
- Case studies: This section comprises five case studies to identify best practices and to look more closely at some of the factors that drive markets.
Key findings and recommendations: This section provides the report's findings on OTT video markets in Asia-Pacific, along with Pyramid Research's recommendations for telecom operators, mobile operators, pure-play OTT players, broadcasters, pay-TV providers and media companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides a comprehensive, detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) services in the diverse pay-TV markets of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Includes analysis on the pricing strategies, business models and the great variety of OTT service providers, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing them, with examples from OTT providers throughout the region.
- To highlight the APAC region's most attractive OTT markets, it draws on Pyramid Research's OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index, which ranks markets globally based on infrastructure, demand and socioeconomic factors.
- A section on the OTT market in China offers particular insight into that market, including an overview, revenue forecasts and an examination of growth drivers and inhibitors.
- Offers an overview of the actionable analysis of trends offers a wider perspective, while its case studies of five OTT providers in Asia-Pacific provide a resource for more detailed planning.
- Includes section of key findings and recommendations extracts the crucial forward-looking trends in OTT to allow OTT pure plays, pay-TV operators, broadcasters, telecom network operators, media companies, IT vendors and regulators to develop effective longer-term OTT strategies.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for an executive-level audience.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3350779/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48