FORT COLLINS, Colo., May 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- OtterBox, the No. 1-most trusted case brand in smartphone protection, today announced the uniVERSE Case System, a revolutionary mobile accessory platform that enhances the functionality of iPhone.1 The uniVERSE Case System features a versatile protective case with swappable accessory modules from leading manufacturers including Square, Polar Pro, SanDisk, olloclip, Seek Thermal and others to streamline the mobile experience.
The uniVERSE Case System outfits iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus with a slim, protective OtterBox case that transforms by attaching a variety of accessories from leading brands.2 Add camera lenses, connect a battery, attach a speaker, hunt heat leaks with thermal imaging, accept new payment types, store more media – the uniVERSE Case System provides endless possibilities.
"Innovation in the mobile technology world continues to evolve, and smartphones are at the center of this evolution," said OtterBox CEO Jim Parke. "OtterBox is bringing together industry giants and cutting-edge innovators to create a customizable mobile ecosystem. With uniVERSE Case System, consumers don't have to compromise premium protection to use the amazing array of accessories that are changing how we use our phones."
The uniVERSE Case System combines trusted OtterBox protection with the ability to expand iPhone's features. A diverse and growing group of accessory makers have partnered to create compatible modules that can be easily attached to the case via a slotted rail system. A removable accent plate covers the rail when modules are not in use, creating a sleek, clean case back. Select modules can also be attached with a grooved edge inside the camera opening and on top of the case for more versatility. The case slips on easily in one step to offer sleek, pocket-friendly protection.
Partnering with experts across a variety of mobile accessory fields, OtterBox uniVERSE Case System creates an ecosystem for a customized mobile experience. Modules available now or coming soon include:
- Square Contactless & Chip Reader, $49.99 - accept every way each customer likes to pay including credit cards and contactless payments on the go
- olloclip 4-in-1 lens, $79.99 – enhance every shot with the world's most-awarded mobile lens. Switch quickly and easily between fisheye, wide-angle, 10x and 15x lens options
- SanDisk iXpand™ Flash Drive, $59.99 to $119.99 – quickly and easily free up space on iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus with 32GB, 64GB or 128GB of additional capacity3
- Nite Ize Steelie Vent Mount Kit, $39.99 – easily mount iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus to a vehicle vent for hands-free use
- Goal Zero Slide Battery, starting at $59.99 – add a full additional charge to iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus battery life
- Manatee Works StingRay Barcode Scanner, $95 – stay on top of inventory with a barcode scanner that stays in reach
- Seek Thermal Compact Camera and Seek Case, starting at $249 – connect, detect and now further protect the most advanced thermal imaging camera designed for smartphones
- Influx WiFi Booster, $39.99 – boost wifi to download, stream and watch anywhere and everywhere4
- PolarPro Trippler Tripod, $49.99 – capture epic pics with this tripod that transforms into a grip and extension pole
- PolarPro Stance Compact Tripod, $29.99 – take steady shots anywhere with this folding tripod
- PolarPro PowerPack Removable Battery Pack, $49.99 – charge up to talk, text and capture every moment without interruption
- PolarPro Beat Pulsar Wireless Mobile Speaker, $59.99 – rock and roll on the go
- PolarPro Fisheye Wide-Angle Lens, $29.99 – shoot the whole scene with this wide-angle lens
- PolarPro Trail Blazer Armband, $34.99 – run, hike and bike while iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus stay protected and in an arm's reach – literally
- PolarPro Stash Slim Mobile Wallet, $19.99 – ditch the wallet and stash cash directly on the uniVERSE case
The uniVERSE Case System is available now for iPhone 6/6s, $49.95, and iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus, $59.95, at otterbox.com and will be available May 29 in Best Buy stores, bestbuy.com and amazon.com. For more information, visit otterbox.com.
Starting in 1998 with a line of dry boxes, OtterBox® has evolved into the No. 1-selling case for smartphones in the U.S. and a global leader in mobile device protection.5 Its diverse lineup of protective solutions for smartphone and tablet devices is the result of precision engineering, diligent testing and continual technological advancement, giving technology users the confidence to make the most of their mobile world. OtterBox is an eight-time honoree on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and was named one of "America's Most Promising Companies" by Forbes Magazine. The company is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colo., with offices in San Diego; Cork, Ireland; and Hong Kong.
For more information, visit otterbox.com.
1 Source: The NPD Group/Consumer Tracking Service, 2012 – 2015
2 uniVERSE case is NOT protective against water. Will provide added protection against bumps, drops and shock.
3 1GB equals 1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.
4 Influx Wifi Booster will be available May 29 on bestbuy.com and influxworld.com.
5 The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service: Cell Phone Device Protection/Units Sold 2012 – 2015
©2016 Otter Products, LLC. All rights reserved. OtterBox and all OtterBox logos, trademarks and symbols are the property of Otter Products, LLC.
SanDisk iXpand is a trademark of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
Video - https://youtu.be/MwQ4eZ0g89I
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160523/371065
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160523/371066
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140106/MM41244LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/otterbox-partners-to-expand-mobile-universe-300273454.html