Pan Am International Flight Academy - Awarded for International Excellence
DENVER, Oct. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pan Am International Flight Academy, Denver, was recently awarded the Export Achievement Certificate by the Denver office of the U.S. Commercial Services Division, a branch of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Pan Am joined the ranks of an elite group of Export Achievement Certificate recipients. This prestigious award is presented to Denver enterprises that successfully enter the international marketplace.
"We don't give out many of these awards," stated Danielle Blakely, Senior International Trade Specialist of U.S. Commercial Service Denver. "The Export Achievement Certificate is reserved for exceptional companies like Pan Am. In fact, we've only given out one other certificate this year," comments Blakely.
Pan Am was recognized for increased international sales of flight training services. "Their international sales are impressive," states Blakely. To know just how exceptional Pan Am is, consider the following in light of the impact their international clients have on the local economy:
- Pan Am International Flight Academy's Denver location has trained the following foreign airlines this year:
- Aerolineas Argentinas –training over 50 Boeing 747-400 Type Rating Pilot Crews, under a contract worth $2 Million dollars, with students buying over 2,000 nights of hotel bookings in Denver.
- Philippine Airlines – Type Rating Airbus 320 Crews in Denver under a long-term training contract including at least 4 crews per month at $25,000 per crew.
- Transaero – Russia's largest Airlines. Pan Am trained Transaero pilots in partnership with Boeing. Boeing would have lost this international sale had Pan Am not been able to offer a Colorado Boeing type rating solution.
- Pan Am's Denver training center is the preferred training location for Type Rating Boeing 757 crews from the Royal New Zealand Air Force. This long-standing relationship has generated hundreds of training events in Denver. The Kiwi pilots love training in Denver for the summer festivities and the world class skiing in the winter and spend up to two additional weeks in Colorado for every training event.
- The Sultan of Dubai operates his own exclusive private airline and can train anywhere in the world, but chooses to train his crews with Pan Am Denver. The Dubai Airwing has been training in Denver for over 15 years and stays at the most exclusive high-end Denver hotels.
- Pan Am International Flight Academy's 2011 estimated sales budget is $35 million dollars, of which approximately 20 million in sales comes from outside the country. A sampling of offerings include type ratings, flight attendant training, dispatcher, and air traffic controller training programs.
Pan Am sales have so significantly impacted Denver's economy that Congresswoman Diana DeGette personally presented the certificate to Pan Am officials in collaboration with Paul Bergman, Director of U.S. Commercial Services Denver.
Flight Attendant Training School:
Airbus A320 Type Rating Training Courses:
The company is willing to provide additional information and interviews.
SOURCE Pan Am International Flight Academy
More by this Source
Pan American World Airways Employees Hold Reunion at Former Headquarters
Nov 25, 2013, 16:13 ET
Pan Am International Flight Academy Purchased by All Nippon Airways
Aug 23, 2013, 18:21 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.