SAVANNAH, Ga., Feb. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrity chef and television food guru Paula Deen today cancelled a 6-city personal appearance tour that had been scheduled to begin on February 20th and end on March 19th.
Paula Deen Enterprises announced that the promoter of the tour was unable to meet its financial obligations, and that it was necessary to terminate the promoter and cancel the shows "Celebrity Chefs Tour; An Evening With Paula Deen and Family."
"We've done many of these shows around the country with other promoters and they've been wonderful," noted Nancy Assuncao, Publicist for Paula Deen Enterprises. "But there were apparently too many financial and logistical issues for this promoter, Celebrity Chefs Tour LLC, to handle and we had to make a painful decision after they could still not perform after giving them additional time to meet their obligations. We're aware that Paula's fans will be disappointed, but we'd rather ask them to be patient than take a chance that they'll be unhappy."
The canceled shows were scheduled to begin on February 20th in Charlotte and stopping in Durham, Los Angeles, Cleveland and Cincinnati before and ending March 19th in Indianapolis, the tour was to feature Paula Deen, her sons Bobby and Jamie and other Food Network personalities as they told stories, cooked and interacted with the audience.
"I love traveling the country sharing stories, cooking and visiting with folks, it's one of my favorite things to do," said Paula Deen. "That's why I'm so sorry that those who bought tickets or were planning to attend are going to be disappointed. I apologize for that and I appreciate their patience. Right now my team is working an alternative plan with new promoters and we hope to announce the details in the coming weeks."
Paula Deen is the quintessential American success story, a best-selling author, host of four television shows, author of nine cookbooks and an inspiration to millions. For more information, go to www.pauladeen.com.
SOURCE Paula Deen Enterprises