JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Jan. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Pilot Corporation of America (Pilot Pen) is celebrating National Handwriting day by inviting you to take the Pilot Pen 10 Day Handwriting Challenge. Take the challenge and make the commitment to write each day through tasks ranging from handwriting your favorite quote (and posting to social media), to writing and posting a letter to someone you miss. With 45 percent* of Americans having made New Year's Resolutions a few short weeks ago, and 47 percent of those resolutions being self-improvement or education related, putting pen to paper every day can be key to success. Handwriting has been proven to aid individuals in reaching their goals and even have a more positive outlook. Why not start off 2016 by making the write choices?
Going on a digital diet can be the prescription for a more stress- free life as handwriting has been proven to not only help people achieve their goals, but it also has been shown to calm the mind. A recent study** found that people are 42 percent more likely to achieve their goals just by writing them down. Additionally, Dr. James W. Pennebaker***, professor of Psychology at The University of Texas at Austin, found that keeping a journal or writing out an emotional event can help reduce unpleasant thoughts, improve memory and may even have significant positive health benefits.
"The power of self-expression through the written word is core to Pilot Pen's mission and is what National Handwriting Day celebrates," said Ariann Langsam, Director of Marketing. "By harnessing the power of the pen, you can help calm the chaos in your life, and better achieve your goals. We invite Pilot's followers and friends to take our 10 Day Handwriting Challenge to experience firsthand the positive difference the act of handwriting can make in their lives."
The Pilot Pen 10 Day Handwriting Challenge consists of the following:
- Handwrite your favorite quote.
- Handwrite and post a note to someone you miss.
- Handwrite your name using both your right and left hand (try cursive for added difficulty).
- Handwrite something in a different language and post it on social media.
- Handwrite the chorus to your favorite song from 2015.
- Handwrite your top 3 personal goals for 2016 and put it somewhere you'll see it daily.
- Handwrite a regret of yours and throw it away – it's liberating!
- Handwrite your favorite recipe and add it to your family recipe book. Share a copy with a friend.
- Handwrite the final sentence from your favorite book.
- Handwrite your to-do list for the week and note if you accomplish more.
Participants are encouraged to share their challenge experience by posting each day's task on social media using #10DaysofWriting. Additionally, Pilot Pen recommends choosing from the following tools to optimize your writing experience.
- G2 is the ultimate pen for the everyday overachiever. The G2's smooth writing, comfortable grip and proven ability to write longer than all other gel brands, makes it the perfect pen for important writing sessions. The G2 product line includes four point sizes, 15 vibrant color options, and with the launches of the G2 Fashion Collection, G2 Mosaics and G2 Metallics, it is the only gel ink pen that offers this level of customization – because, after all, pens aren't one size fits all.
- FriXion Clicker enables you to write smoothly and erase cleanly so it is an ideal tool for the creative process. Whether it is writing a poem or a card, the FriXion Clicker allows you to erase and rewrite repeatedly without damaging documents -- an essential tool for brainstorming sessions. Additionally, the FriXion Clicker is available in eight colors, allowing for maximum creativity.
- Precise offers a superior, smooth, skip-free writing experience and is available in extra fine and fine point sizes – perfect for those who delight in intricate details.
ABOUT PILOT CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Pilot Pen offers superlative writing instruments renowned for quality, performance, cutting-edge technology and consumer satisfaction. Widely acknowledged as innovators, Pilot was first to introduce Americans to fine-point writing, currently maintaining the top share position in the gel and rolling ball pen categories. Pilot's line also includes the acclaimed Dr. Grip family of products featuring an ergonomic, wide comfort grip that reduces writing fatigue, as well as the notable Precise V5 and G2 lines. Pilot Pen manufactures and distributes from its state-of-the-art facility in Jacksonville, Florida; its parent company is the oldest and largest manufacturer of writing instruments in Japan. For more: www.pilotpen.us.
SOURCE Pilot Corporation of America