NEWINGTON, N.H., Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Pizza Day on February 9, Planet Fitness, one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S., has partnered with Juliet A. Boghossian, behavioral food expert and founder of Food-ology, you are HOW you eat®, on a fun interactive look at what your favorite pizza topping reveals about your personality and workout. Home of the Judgement Free Zone®, Planet Fitness provides free pizza to its members on the first Monday of every month as a membership appreciation gesture and reminder that it's okay to treat yourself in moderation every once in a while.
The full results can be found and shared at PFPizzaQuiz.com, and include:
- Cheese pizza fans are "Loyal Realists," loyal, traditional, methodical, and everyone's favorite pal. They are very aware of their environment and people's feelings, excelling in group settings. They are independent, learn things quickly and seldom get sidetracked. They are very efficient in their workout schedules and would do very well when working out with a gym buddy. By being each other's motivation, they'll reach their goals in no time.
- People who prefer pepperoni pizza are "The Life of The Party" and have an outgoing personality, are easy-going, thrill-seeking and open to new experiences. They quickly find their footing in leadership roles and their interests are vast. At the gym, they prefer short but intense workouts, like 30-minute total body circuit training, which keeps them on-course.
- Veggie pizza lovers are "The Go-Getters." They are positive, reliable, compassionate and disciplined, often the glue to a team or family. Everything in life, tedious or not, is tackled with high energy. They view exercise as a lifestyle, and their self-motivation in the workplace or gym aligns best with a cardio program; they get "in the zone" and do well solo.
- Those who like the works or "loaded" pizzas are "The Balanced Workers." While they have a work hard, play hard approach to life, they strive to always be present and fully "in the moment." They are productive, efficient, strategic and balanced. They have unmatched concentration, and are able to focus on different parts of the gym each time they go, possibly focused on free weights and strength training one day, and treadmills or elliptical machines the next day.
- And Hawaiian pizza fans? They are "The Deep Thinkers," complex and analytical people who surround themselves with people with whom they are comfortable. They are easy going and loyal, and passionate about the things that mean the most to them. Their goal oriented nature would do best with timed workouts, and might work with a fitness instructor on a designed program to help get the most out of their workout.
How about crust or no crust? In addition to pizza toppings, Juliet A. Boghossian provided insights on what it says about someone if they eat the crust or not on their slice of pizza. She found that those who eat pizza crust are most likely to take direction best, read instructions and complete tedious tasks with discipline. Those who do not eat the crust tend to be more creative, eccentric, good delegators and they are more driven by impulse.
"At Planet Fitness we believe it's realistic and okay for people to enjoy a slice of pizza every once in a while in moderation," said Jessica Correa, senior vice president of marketing at Planet Fitness. "In honor of National Pizza Day this year, we encourage people to enjoy our entertaining and interactive look at the connection between pizza toppings, personality traits and workout styles, and share with their friends."
Monthly pizza giveaways at Planet Fitness started in 1998, when the hot water heaters broke in the fourth location in Concord, NH club and the brand wanted to provide its members with a gesture of appreciation for their understanding. It was an instant hit so Planet Fitness decided to keep the tradition of pizza as a once-a-month celebration, now at all of its 1,000+ locations.
Planet Fitness has revolutionized the fitness industry with extremely low prices at $10 or $19.99 a month and offers a variety of benefits including a hassle-free, non-intimidating environment called the Judgement Free Zone®, state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, fully equipped locker rooms, flat screen televisions, unlimited small group fitness instruction by a certified trainer through the pe @ pf ® program, and much more.
For more information or to join online, please visit www.PlanetFitness.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PlanetFitness) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/PlanetFitness). Additionally, check out real Planet Fitness member stories and accomplishments at Planet of Triumphs, www.PlanetofTriumphs.com.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, N.H., Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, and the Dominican Republic, Planet Fitness' mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
About Food-ology, you are HOW you eat®
Food-ology is an original methodology linking food related habits to personality traits and behavioral tendencies – founded in 1992, by researcher and behavioral food expert, Juliet A. Boghossian. Food-ology offers a means to learn more about yourself and those around you to support better judgment, improve relationships, increase effectiveness and empower your life. Pizza Quiz findings are based on empirical research (2002-2015); and quantitative data (2013 and 2016). Surveys conducted using the field services of Critical Mix and Survey Monkey – based on 500 adults, M/F, 18+, residing in the U.S. The margin of error at the 95% level of confidence is ±3.1%.
McCall Gosselin or Becky Zirlen
SOURCE Planet Fitness