SAN FRANCISCO, May 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- PlanGrid, the leader in construction software for the field, today unveiled Field Reports, bringing the power to create real-time, customized reports of any variety in PlanGrid—daily reports, inspection requests, safety checklists, hazard analysis, and much more. Today's announcement underscores the company's long-term commitment to delivering the most innovative products that increase efficiency and drive productivity for the construction industry.
Filling out forms directly from mobile devices means workers no longer have to waste time at the end of the day becoming paper-pushers. PlanGrid even allows workers to copy reports from previous days, eliminating the mundane task of manually entering repetitive information. The product is currently available on the Web and iOS with Android and Windows expected to be released in the upcoming months.
Key attributes of Field Reports include:
- Custom PDFs: Field Reports can be used with any custom PDF forms.
- Smarter sheets: provide PDFs with fillable fields such as text inputs, drop-downs, and checkboxes to quickly complete daily reports.
- Offline: Field Reports can be filled out directly from PlanGrid's iOS app in the field—even when customers are offline.
- Photos: attach photo references to Field Reports quickly and seamlessly.
- Exports: preview and email Field Reports directly from any iOS device, including all references.
- Copy from last reports: save time from repetitive entry by selecting the "copy from last report" feature that allows construction workers to edit, as needed.
- Siri: customers can maximize Siri's speech recognition to complete Field Reports by simply speaking into their device when connected to the Internet.
- Control: Field Reports can be configured so that only specific team members have access to sensitive information.
- Transparency: the Field Reports date is tracked independently from its submission date, so users have full transparency on documentation. Field Reports can also be backdated.
- As-builts: push button as-builts allow customers to gather all their submitted Field Reports and other project data at once.
- Daily summaries: Field Reports provide users daily summary emails that highlight new submissions and immediate notifications for new report assignments.
Comments on the News
- "Every builder—from the owner to the contractor—has the opportunity to transform their business with PlanGrid," said Ralph Gootee, co-founder and Chief Technology Officer. "We have identified a significant demand for Field Reports in today's marketplace to empower construction professionals to create more efficient workflows and unlock tremendous productivity across every project in every industry."
- "The biggest issue superintendents encounter is filling out different forms and classifying them so they align with events in the field," said Gilles Raymond, Estimator/Superintendent, at Progest Construction. "With PlanGrid's new Field Reports, superintendents can fill out the reports without having to log out of the application and use pictures, snapshots, and attachments already in place and always up-to-date. Best of all, when the jobsite locks up in the late afternoon, all the information is instantly available to the head office."
- "With the ability to import PDF documents that our onsite teams create based on job specific information, PlanGrid allows us to be more specific on how we approach quality on each project," said Tracy McWhorter, Director of Quality Systems, at Structure Tone Southwest, LLC.
- Watch Field Reports video: https://plangrid1.wistia.com/medias/03q5v7wwl6
- Field Reports webinar on June 13: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4813782135550571778
- Like PlanGrid on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/plangridhttp://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow PlanGrid on Twitter:https://twitter.com/plangrid
- Explore PlanGrid's blog: https://blog.plangrid.com/
PlanGrid is the leader in construction software that drives productivity for the field. Used on more than 500,000 projects around the world, PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop, managing blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, field reports, and punch lists. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. The company has secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations including Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, and several other leading investors. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/plangrid-announces-powerful-new-field-reports-for-the-construction-industry-300464873.html