WILLIAMSPORT, Md., Jan. 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Potomac Edison is expanding its customer outreach with the launch of its Facebook page. The new page builds on the company's successful Twitter account, @PotomacEdison, to connect with customers, provide customers with important information related to their electric service, and share energy-related tips.
"Our new Facebook page gives us another opportunity to communicate with our customers, particularly during major weather events that can impact electrical service," said James A. Sears, Jr., vice president of Potomac Edison. "We'll also share stories about the important work of our employees and ways we support the community."
Customers are encouraged to like Potomac Edison's Facebook page by visiting www.facebook.com/PotomacEdison. By connecting, customers can:
- View updates and important information during major outages, such as the company's storm preparation plans, tips for safely managing through a power outage and restoration information
- Easily report a power disruption directly through the Facebook page by clicking on the "Report an Outage" tab and entering the phone number associated with the customer's account
- Learn about the ways Potomac Edison works to enhance reliability, and the linemen and employees behind these efforts
- Receive energy efficiency, cost-saving and electrical safety tips
- Discover more about Potomac Edison's support for its communities
- View photos and videos from Potomac Edison-sponsored community initiatives and infrastructure projects taking place across the service territory
The launch of the Facebook page is the latest in Potomac Edison's ongoing effort to share proactive information with customers using a variety of platforms. In addition to social media, Potomac Edison customers can sign up to receive alert notifications via email or text message that contain billing reminders, weather alerts in advance of severe storms, or updates on scheduled or extended power outages. Customers also can use two-way text messaging to report outages, request updates on restoration efforts and make other inquiries about their electric accounts.
The company also provides comprehensive outage information through its 24/7 Power Center map and on its website, which is optimized for mobile phones. Additionally, customers can download the Potomac Edison smartphone app for Apple® iPhone® and Android™ devices.
Potomac Edison, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), serves about 257,000 customers in seven Maryland counties and 137,000 customers in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. Follow Potomac Edison at www.potomacedison.com, on Twitter @PotomacEdison, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PotomacEdison.
"Apple" and "iPhone" are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
"Android" is a trademark of Google Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/potomac-edison-launches-facebook-page-for-enhanced-customer-communications-300392916.html
SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.