PriceGrabber(R) Announces Android(TM) Platform Application This application allows shoppers to scan barcodes, read product reviews and make purchases from their mobile device(1)
LOS ANGELES, July 6 /PRNewswire/ --PriceGrabber®, a part of Experian, is pleased to announce the availability of PriceGrabber's free(2) Android™ application, available for download from the Android™ Market.
"At PriceGrabber, we are dedicated to providing consumers with a comprehensive shopping experience anytime, anywhere and are excited to introduce our new mobile application for Android™ users," said Laura Conrad, president of PriceGrabber. "Now, even more consumers can take advantage of the on-the-go, easy access to millions of products available on PriceGrabber."
"We are continually innovating in response to new developments in the mobile technology space, in order to provide consumers with the best set of smart shopping tools and information," said Barbary Brunner, chief marketing officer at PriceGrabber. "It's really exciting to see the amazing ways PriceGrabber customers are using our mobile technology to educate themselves and optimize their shopping experience."
With PriceGrabber's Android™ application, consumers can:
- Scan barcodes: Scan any product with a bar code and the PriceGrabber app will search its extensive product catalog for the best price from thousands of retailers.
- Search, browse and compare products: Search by product name, UPC, manufacturer's part number, most popular items and more.
- Read product and expert reviews: Read unbiased product reviews from millions of users and experts.
- Receive the BottomLinePrice®: Calculate a product's BottomLinePrice® that includes shipping and taxes through the GPS in the mobile device or manually entering a postal code.
- Buy: Click directly on the merchant's Website to make a purchase.
- Get the best deal: Find the best deal in PriceGrabber's extensive product catalog with prices that update throughout the day.
- Create a "favorites list": Save products of interest and come back at another time.
- Access the Gift Shaker: Receive gift suggestions based on category and price.
Follow PriceGrabber on Twitter @PriceGrabber.
PriceGrabber.com, a part of Experian, is a leading online shopping site with more than 23 million unique shoppers monthly. At PriceGrabber.com, savvy shoppers can instantly find and compare millions of unique products and services across 25 categories with more than 11,000 merchants. Compare products side by side to find the right retailers at the best prices within popular categories, such as Digital Cameras, Electronics, Computers, Clothing, Books, TVs and more. PriceGrabber.com provides shoppers with the right product from the right merchant at the best price anytime, anywhere. Visit us at http://www.pricegrabber.com.
Experian® is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 90 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2010, was $3.9 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; Costa Mesa, California; and São Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
(1) Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
(2) As with any mobile application, carrier data charges may apply.