NEW YORK, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Prime Clerk, a leading bankruptcy claims and noticing agent, is pleased to announce the continued expansion of its senior leadership team, including recognized experts in the restructuring industry, Abigail Lerner and David Sharp.
- Abigail Lerner, Director. Abby has nearly 10 years of restructuring experience. Before joining Prime Clerk, Abby was a senior associate in the Business Finance & Restructuring department of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP where she represented debtors, creditors, and lenders in the context of complex chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. Some of the Weil clients she represented included Armstrong World Industries, BearingPoint, TSIC, Inc., Pilgrim's Pride, Highland Hospitality, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs.
- David Sharp, Director of Solicitation and Public Securities. David has nearly 30 years of experience advising on both domestic and international restructuring transactions involving publicly traded securities. Representative cases that he has managed include Washington Mutual, Eastman Kodak and Lear Corp. in the U.S. as well as international cases such as Telewest PLC, UPC Corp. and Northern Offshore. David was previously the director of public securities at Kurtzman Carson Consultants, vice president of financial balloting at Epiq Systems, and specialist in global voting issues with Innisfree M&A. He has contributed articles to publications such as the ABI Journal and The Daily Bankruptcy Review and has taught CLE classes on topics related to public securities in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Lerner and Sharp join several other key leaders that have joined the Prime Clerk team over the past several months, including:
- James Daloia, Director of Solicitation and Disbursements. Jim specializes in noticing and balloting holders of domestic and international public securities, as well as non-securities claims and bank debt. Prior to joining Prime Clerk, Jim was the Manager of Solicitation Operations at Epiq Systems, where he managed some of the largest and most complex restructurings and distributions, including Lehman Brothers, Lehman Brothers Securities, NV, CIT, Chrysler, Motors Liquidation (f/k/a GM), Dynegy, Hawker Beechcraft, Tribune, NAPCUS, Lyondell Chemical, Hayes Lemmerz, Reader's Digest, Dex One and Supermedia.
- Herb Baer, Director. Herb is one of the most experienced consultants in the industry, having spent over 15 years leading the administration of large chapter 11 cases, including Lehman Brothers, WorldCom, Bethlehem Steel, Steve and Barry's and Arch Wireless. Before joining Prime Clerk, Herb was Senior Director, Client Services at Epiq Systems. Early in his career, Herb worked in both computer programming and software development and he continues to use those skills to provide his clients with enhanced technology and process solutions.
- David Malo, Director. Dave has over 12 years of experience leading and managing the administration of large chapter 11 cases, including DVI, WorldCom, Delta Air Lines, J.A. Jones and Tribune Company, among others. Prior to joining Prime Clerk, Dave was a Senior Case Manager, Team Lead at Epiq Systems.
- Heather L. Aaronson, Director of Quality Assurance and Case Support. Heather has over 15 years of restructuring experience, having worked in the Recovery and Transformation Services practice at McKinsey & Company, Inc., and as the lead paralegal in the restructuring groups of both Weil, Gotshal & Manges and Dewey & LeBoeuf. Heather helped lead scores of cases over the course of her extensive career, including American Airlines, Edison Mission Energy, Enron, General Motors, Loral Space & Communications, Global Crossing, Adelphia, WorldCom, and Ambac, among others.
- Josh Karotkin, Director. Before joining Prime Clerk, Josh served as the Vice President of Corporate Development at Colford Capital, a specialty finance-focused private equity firm, where he evaluated acquisition opportunities and analyzed and implemented strategies to streamline and reduce costs for existing investments. Prior to attending business school at the University of Michigan, Josh was a Vice President at D.B. Zwirn & Company, a global multi-strategy hedge fund in New York, where he managed the Structured Finance Group, and was an Analyst evaluating collateral for a portfolio of lending investments at the CIT Group.
Prime Clerk's Chief Operating Officer, Michael Frishberg, commented that "these new hires add enormous value to Prime Clerk's unparalleled staff of experts in claims administration and solicitation. We now have the deepest bench and widest experience base in the industry, enabling us to provide the smartest and most efficient solutions to our clients."
Prime Clerk is a leading bankruptcy and restructuring claims and noticing agent based in New York and was founded by veteran restructuring attorneys and consultants with the vision of bringing next generation technology, leading professionalism and reliable service into a stagnant industry. Prime Clerk delivers tailored, practical and client-collaborative solutions to bankruptcy administration.
For more information, please visit www.primeclerk.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prime-clerk-expands-its-senior-leadership-300240729.html
SOURCE Prime Clerk