Quantum3D Announces Independence IDX 7000 Image Generator
Next Generation Simulation and Training Image Generator Delivers Greater Performance and Enhanced Capabilities at Nearly Half the Size of Predecessor
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum3D, Inc., a leading provider of visual computing solutions for government and commercial applications, today introduced its next generation high-performance and high-quality image generator for simulation and training – the Independence IDX 7000. At nearly half the size of the current IDX 6000, this new image generator offers enhanced performance and capabilities to deliver a versatile and powerful simulation and training platform that can be setup in a dedicated room or easily transported, to meet a range of onsite, on-location and mobile training needs.
"Image generator solutions that can create realistic visual environments – virtual scenarios that look and feel real – are an essential part of pilot-readiness training," said Arthur Yan , president, Quantum3D. "Leveraging a smaller package and increased performance, the Independence IDX 7000 delivers performance, fidelity, reliability, quality, and overall value, setting a new industry benchmark for rapid deployment, field upgradeability and scene realism."
Designed for use with any simulation system, ranging from fixed and rotary-wing aviation to military ground vehicles, the Independence IDX 7000 image generator provides the highest visual performance density available today with four video channel outputs per low-profile 1U module. In addition, the IDX 7000 is rapidly deployable for simulation and training anywhere in the world by combining Mantis® shader-based real-time scene management software with geo-specific, worldwide synthetic environments and FAA Level-D capabilities.
More About the Independence IDX 7000
The Quantum3D Independence IDX 7000 offers many features designed to exceed the requirements of virtually any image generation application, including:
- Density: Achieves unmatched levels of visual computing density by combining a server-class motherboard, latest Intel processors, up to two NVIDIA® Quadro FX® GPUs, and Quantum3D's Precision Video Synchronization
- Flexible Rack Size: Provides noise-suppressed 35u, 24u (transportable), 18u or 12u rack options to meet space requirements
- Scalability: Offers a choice of one, two or four shader-based simulation channels to deliver the desired level of realism in every scene
- Open Architecture: Supports industry-standard CIGI 3.x messaging protocol over dedicated Gigabit Ethernet and database formats including OpenFlight, NPSI, CDB, and CTDB
- World Wide Database Support: Delivers continuous flight, worldwide terrain, modeled with 15m geo-specific imagery; drop-in high-resolution insets are customer-enabled using CatalystSE™ DBGS tools
- High Resolution Channels: Super high-resolution, multiple-input projectors supported with no additional effort
- Reliable and Secure: Network-Attached Storage Architecture (NAS) provides a single convenient connection to a centralized Remote Network Storage Array; diskless system to ease administration and increase security
- Sensor Enabled(1): Supports QUEST2 software and viXsen (Virtual Cross Platform Sensor Simulation) for correlated, physics-based NVG, IR, Day Camera, and EO Simulation
The new IDX 7000 will be demonstrated at Quantum3D's booth (# 1437) at I/ITSEC, the world's largest modeling, training and simulation and training conference, later this month. The new IDX 7000 will start shipping in Q1 2011.
Quantum3D, Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS), open-architecture, real-time visual computing solutions. Quantum3D combines the most advanced hardware and software systems for graphics simulation in a variety of markets and implementations—image generation; tactical computing for avionics; vehicle and man-wearable applications; synthetic environments; graphics subsystems; and other COTS solutions. Quantum3D is a privately-held company headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information about Quantum3D real-time visual computing solutions, please visit www.quantum3d.com.
(1) Sensor simulation capabilities are controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and offered only subject to an export license from the US Department of State
Quantum3D, the Quantum3D logo, are registered trademarks or registered trademarks of Quantum3D. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Quantum3D, Inc.
More by this Source
Quantum3D Appoints Wade Guindy President and CEO
Nov 29, 2012, 14:58 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.