OAK BROOK, Ill., March 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world, encourages consumers to hit the refresh button this spring with expert-approved paint color palettes featuring on-trend, breakthrough hues. Curated by Ace's Design Experts Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.), Katie Reynolds (Atlanta, Ga.) and Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.), these trends inspire homeowners to welcome the new season with vibrant and innovative looks perfect for warmer weather.
Ace's Design Experts, with more than 30 years of combined experience, found inspiration through spring's natural colors as they mix blooming pinks, airy neutrals and blossoming blues to create four invigorating color palettes utilizing colors from the Clark+Kensington® paint+primer in one collection.
"Spring embodies the saying 'out with the old, in with the new' and provides the opportunity for consumers to apply this mantra in a favorite room in their home" said Reynolds. "This is the perfect time of year to use unexpected pops of color and experiment with fresh, new design ideas."
Ace's Design Experts Julie, Nathan and Katie have found inspiration in the following Clark+Kensington shades this season:
- Mix well-planned accents of light pink, like Bubble Bath NLS86 (from the OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington) or Ecru Lace 10A-1, into a room by painting an old chest or dresser.
- Pink is having a moment this year! Pair blush tones like Blushing Rose 04C-4, with crisp whites like Silent White CW-C1. The combination will make a big impact in any room.
- Shades of mauve like Abstract Gray N-C26 and Soul Mate 44B-2 add an ideal subtle gray-pink hue to your walls.
- Turquoise is popular, and never seems to go out of style. Use Starry-Eyed 34C-6 to maximize color in any room.
- Horizontal stripes are big this spring. Try pairing two cool blue hues together, like Sofia's Eyes 36B-3 and European Charm 39C-4, on an accent wall.
- Give wainscoting in your home an unexpected pop by painting it in fun accent colors like Bells of Ireland 26C-6 or Adonis Blue 35B-5.
- Bright shades of coral bring spring weather to life! Vivid Blooms 09C-6 makes for a great eye-catching accent wall or tabletop accessory.
- When using coral, pair with neutral and brown tones, like Adobe Hut N-C3 and Playas de Tulum N-W17, to even out the brightness.
- Be inspired by the great outdoors! A deep, charcoal green like Pine Grove 31A-5 adds a well-thought-out element into a room. It would be perfect on a desk or a cabinet this season.
As spring is popular time for organizing and cleaning up a space, Ace's Design Experts recommend these on-trend décor and design ideas to pair with each seasonal hue:
- Too many oversized furniture pieces can create a cluttered look; keep your furniture less bulky.
- Paint the ceiling in a different color to make the room feel more spacious.
- Use a patterned rug to bring in pops of color without painting the walls. Keep the pattern more traditional for a more sophisticated space, or try a modern geometric pattern for a fun, young space.
- Accessories are the perfect way to change a room each season! Vintage items, like birdcages or lanterns, in bright painted colors, add a perfect accent to a neutral space.
- Don't overlook small areas, like the back of a bookshelf, as a place to add an unexpected pop of color or print.
- For a chic look, add mirrored pieces to a room. The industrial element of a mirror will help maintain a more gender-neutral space. Try using a side table with a mirrored top or a mirrored lamp.
- Try incorporating zebrawood into a space for a bit of over-the-top style. Zebrawood has a unique striped grain that is very retro and hip for a chest or cabinet.
- Use a subtle color palette in rooms with substantial natural light, either with windows or French doors.
Clark+Kensington®, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at the Paint Studio at Ace. The paint line features designer-selected hues that cover the entire color spectrum to provide homeowners with a selection of beautiful, livable colors.
Designed to help homeowners find the perfect paint color, The Paint Studio at Ace features eye-catching color racks, unique pullout drawers and easy to use color cards to simplify the color selection process. Paired with the helpful service and knowledgeable advice customers can expect from Ace associates, The Paint Studio at Ace provides a world-class paint experience right in consumers' neighborhood hardware stores.
For more information on Clark+Kensington or Ace's Design Experts, please stop by your neighborhood Ace or visit www.thepaintstudio.com.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2015, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Nine Years in a Row," according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,800 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/refresh-your-home-this-spring-with-top-paint-color-and-decor-tips-from-ace-hardware-300237554.html
SOURCE Ace Hardware