SAN FRANCISCO, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Radius, the leading business-to-business predictive marketing platform, today announced the results from its B2B Demand Generation & Predictive Marketing Study, in conjunction with Demand Metric Analyst Research. The study identified the key challenges facing B2B demand generation marketers and how predictive analytics addresses those challenges.
Within the study, B2B demand generation respondents outlined their primary challenges. Unsurprisingly, four of the top five challenges were associated with the top of the funnel activity, or driving inbound leads:
- Improving demand generation process effectiveness
- Improving sales process effectiveness
- Identifying news leads in existing segments
- Having better data about leads and customers
- Identifying new segments to pursue
Overall, less than one third (30 percent) of study participants reported having a B2B demand generation process that meets objectives well. However, when predictive analytics are applied, the process performance soared, meeting the objectives more than half of the time (55 percent).
"The marketing role is, now, more than ever, that of a revenue driver. Marketers are increasingly tasked with helping sales improve close rates," said Katie Gregorio, senior director product marketing at Radius. "The research explored what makes a demand generation process effective. Interestingly, four of the top five barriers to achieving revenue objectives are associated with the top of the funnel. As a result, marketers who focus on data accuracy and use predictive marketing typically have a more effective demand generation process."
Key findings from the survey include:
- Predictive analytics adopters are more likely to have an effective demand generation process.
- Inaccurate or poor quality data is an impediment to effective demand generation and the successful application of predictive analytics: More than 80 percent of study participants with an "ineffective" demand generation process report that data quality has a moderate to significant impact on marketing campaigns or sales efforts.
- Marketers primarily targeting the enterprise (companies with more than $1 billion in annual revenue) are more actively engaged in analyzing their data than those focused on Mid-market ($10 million-$1 billion in annual revenue) and SMB (up to $10 million in annual revenue). Typically, these companies enjoy a richer set of data and better data quality.
- More study participants claim to understand predictive analytics well (44 percent) than are actually implementing or using it (11 percent).
"Our research found a strong relationship between the use of predictive analytics and the efficacy of demand generation processes," said Jerry Rackley, chief analyst, Demand Metric Research Corporation. "When predictive is part of the demand generation picture, the entire process performs better. This finding provides a compelling reason for B2B marketers to look at enabling their demand generation with predictive technology."
Radius and Demand Metric are hosting a live webinar about predictive analytics and its impact on demand generation effectiveness on April 27 at 2 p.m. ET. To attend, please RSVP here.
To get a copy of the full report, click here.
Download a copy of the Predictive Use Case Scorecard.
About the Study
The 2016 B2B Demand Generation Benchmark Study survey was conducted on behalf of Radius. The survey was administered online during the period of February 16 through March 7, 2016. 319 responses were collected, with 295 responses qualified and complete enough for inclusion in the analysis. Respondents were primarily from B2B organizations (78 percent).
Radius was founded in 2012 on the premise that finding the best business opportunities is often still much harder than it needs to be. Radius empowers revenue-driven marketing leaders to intuitively move from data to action. Powered by the real-time Radius Business GraphSM, which draws on 50 billion external signals on over 18 million US companies, Radius uses advanced algorithms to unleash the true value of customer relationship management systems to bridge the gap across data, customer insights and execution. Using Radius, companies of all sizes can gain first-mover advantage, saturate market share and grow customer lifetime value. Radius is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.radius.com.
SHIFT Communications for Radius
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-reveals-predictive-analytics-drives-revenue-growth-300258190.html