LAS VEGAS, Feb. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- (HIMSS 2016, Booth #7599) -- Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the release of its Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare offering, a solution that helps hospitals simplify the management of print and other IT managed devices, while helping identify compliance risks. This new solution leverages Information-as-a-Service offerings from Symphion, Inc. designed for Print, IT and Compliance. By utilizing Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare's automated scanning, device discovery, and predictive analytics, IT management can make more informed decisions that can help reduce device, labor and other IT costs, while at the same time manage the risks of ever evolving infrastructure.
"At its core, the healthcare industry serves to protect the most vulnerable from harm," said Ron Nielson, Vice President, Healthcare, Ricoh Americas Corporation. "For Ricoh this means protecting patients' private information and helping to ensure that our customers have security safeguards in place to meet HIPAA and HITECH regulations. With our Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare, hospitals are now equipped with enterprise-wide, constantly updated information about their hardware and software assets to make quick and accurate decisions to keep their technology in good health."
Hospitals are challenged with improving efficiencies and reducing costs while striving to comply with federal mandates associated with HIPAA compliance and meaningful use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs). The ability to seamlessly capture, transform and manage patient and business data across departments with secure IT ecosystems can improve care coordination and clinical processes, driving business efficiencies, profitability and meaningful use. In fact, a recent IDC study commissioned by Ricoh showed that capturing, transforming and managing data has a positive impact on hospitals' revenue (66.7%) and profitability (58.6%). Ricoh's Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare improves hospitals' information mobility by enabling their IT departments to identify critical asset information and make faster, more informed IT, compliance and print-related decisions.
Ricoh's Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare benefits hospitals with new capabilities, including:
- Software toolset and agentless asset scanning that identifies and reports on hardware and software issues on a hospital's network, reducing time required to manually track and confirm information and improving transparency for decision-makers.
- A dedicated "concierge team" of experts who deliver the expertise, services and support for the term of the service as an extension of the provider's team, through regular systematic analyzed reporting, on demand reporting and automated monitoring and alerts that allow providers to adapt to challenges, as they arise, and ongoing needs.
- A systematic, enterprise-wide assessment process that collects and analyzes information about print assets and service, IT inventories, configurations and operations and vulnerabilities in a Windows fleet to help reduce system downtime that could potentially impact patients' quality of care.
- A comprehensive, three-pillar approach comprising IT, compliance and print information to help ensure nothing in these key areas falls through the cracks.
- Streamlined and automated reporting on software titles to help ensure only software that is needed and being used is ordered or gets a license extension, which can help reduce compliance risk and overall IT spending for the hospital.
- Reporting on and management of print devices and analysis of print costs, usage and uptime trends to help optimize print processes and reduce costs.
- Automatic capture of network asset information to reduce manual tasks.
Ricoh Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare will be on display in the Ricoh booth (#7599) at HIMSS 2016. Ricoh will showcase technologies that address challenges hospitals face in creating a secure, compliant environment that enables connected care while remaining administratively efficient. For more information on Ricoh's presence at HIMSS, follow Ricoh Healthcare social media channels on Twitter and LinkedIn, and read the latest healthcare articles on WorkIntelligent.ly.
For more information on Ricoh's solutions for healthcare, visit: http://solutions.ricoh-usa.com/industry-solutions/healthcare. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending the show and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives, please contact Tracey Sheehy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Symphion, Inc. is a Dallas, Texas based software company focused on continual innovation with agentless technologies, seamless "information as a service" remote concierge delivery and maximizing value to customers by affordably delivering results instead of just software. Symphion has been dedicated to excellence in customer service since 1999. For further information, please visit www.symphion.com
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in over 190 countries. In the financial year ending March 2015, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,231 billion yen (approx. 18.5 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2016 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
SOURCE Ricoh Americas Corporation