Ringadoc secures $1.2 million in seed funding to bring doctors on-demand With the ability to triage patient calls from their smartphone, Ringadoc is giving doctors their lives back.
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ringadoc, the nation's leading innovator in on-demand medicine, announced today the public launch of Ringadoc Exchange and that they have raised $1.2 million in seed funding, led by Founders Fund's FF Angel.
In beta since August, Ringadoc Exchange gives doctors the power to triage patient calls using their smartphone, respond whenever and however they want-- ending the cycle of unreturned calls, frustrated patients, and overworked doctors. Today, Ringadoc covers more than 500,000 patients in 20 states through their platform.
"Traditionally, doctors have relied on 1970s-era technology to handle their after-hours calls. In an instant, connected world where technology quickly delivers whatever you want—from taxis, to books, to groceries--patients now expect the same thing of doctors," said Jordan Michaels, Ringadoc's CEO and Co-Founder. "We're showing doctors that adapting to the world of on-demand access actually makes their lives easier."
- Ringadoc gives doctors control to handle patient calls on their own schedule, using their smartphone.
- Ringadoc Exchange utilizes patented technology to triage patient calls, allowing doctors to respond to patient needs on their schedules, rather than an operator's.
- This app is available now in the Apple App Store and the Google Play store.
- Doctors interested in enrolling in Ringadoc Exchange should visit ringadoc.com/doctors. Setup takes just a few minutes.
- Ringadoc Exchange is free for three months, then $50 / month with no contract or commitment.
Ringadoc was built with the support of Practice Fusion, a leading EMR provider. Ryan Howard, Practice Fusion's Founder and CEO, serves on Ringadoc's board and was one of their first investors. With this funding, Ringadoc will work to develop the ability for doctors to provide cross-coverage care and premium access to paying patients, attract more doctors, and uncover new ways to provide revenue for medical practices.
To learn more about Ringadoc, visit ringadoc.com/doctors.
Ringadoc is in the business of fixing broken doctor - patient communication. Cutting out the middlemen, doctors are able to triage their own patients, and patients are given access to a panel of high quality doctors 24/7. With over 500,000 patients covered, Ringadoc's network of physicians is growing daily. Based in San Francisco, Ringadoc is backed by Founders Fund.