SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Salesforce.com Foundation today launched NGO Connect, expanding Salesforce1 for Nonprofits to transform how nonprofits build and retain lifetime relationships with their constituents. Developed in partnership with roundCorner, NGO Connect empowers nonprofits to execute at scale with built-in donor management, event management and volunteer and relationship management all in one application. Leading nonprofits, including City Year, Girl Scouts of the USA and Sierra Club, are already leveraging NGO Connect to connect with their constituents in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
- "The Salesforce.com Foundation continues to be laser-focused on the needs of the nonprofit sector and putting the best technology in their hands to help them improve the world," said Rob Acker, COO, Salesforce.com Foundation. "NGO Connect will help nonprofits accelerate their success and transform the social change sector."
- "Nonprofits work every day to solve humanity's most pressing challenges. We think they deserve access to the best technology to achieve their mission," said Dan Lammot, president, roundCorner. "That's why we've spent the past five years partnering with some of the most forward-thinking nonprofits, including the Salesforce.com Foundation, to imagine and deliver the next generation of constituent engagement and fundraising solutions on salesforce.com's #1 CRM platform."
- "It was clear to us more than a year ago that the Salesforce1 Platform was the future of constituent engagement for Girl Scouts," said Maggie Miller, CIO, Girl Scouts of the USA. "This announcement promises more transformation faster for other nonprofit organizations facing similar challenges."
- "The nonprofits we work with want to move quickly to transform the way they deliver on their mission and impact their constituents. With NGO Connect, the Salesforce.com Foundation is changing the way we can add value to our customers," said Mark Koenig, Industry Lead for Nonprofits, Appirio. "As an implementation partner, NGO Connect will save our customers both time and money while offering a larger set of capabilities."
NGO Connect — Delivering Speed and Innovation to Nonprofits
Today's nonprofits want to engage with all the constituents who support their cause. They want a direct, immediate connection with those who share their values and can help them advance their mission. NGO Connect helps nonprofits deliver more impact by enabling them to innovate faster and connect with their constituents in a whole new way.
Built in partnership with roundCorner, NGO Connect enables nonprofits of all sizes to now manage their fundraising, event management, volunteer management and more—all in one place, from any web-enabled device. Nonprofit organizations no longer have to build these modules themselves or rely on disconnected third party solutions; with NGO Connect they can now benefit from the sector's emerging best practices and accelerate their ability to manage their greatest asset—a lifetime relationship with their constituents.
The new features for NGO Connect are:
- Donor Management: Nonprofits can now get a complete picture of funders, and supporters in one place—including interaction history, giving history and forecast, program and event attendance and social media interactions. This single view of the constituent enables multi-channel marketing and end-to-end fundraising of all types in a single app.
- Events Management: Nonprofits can streamline event planning and execution for any size event. They can easily post new events, manage event calendars, track RSVPs, create table seating charts and provide VIP summary reports for their staff engaging with attendees. With integrated check-in apps for mobile devices, nonprofits can now have the latest information and real-time reports on their events anywhere, from any web-enabled device.
- Volunteer Management: Nonprofits can now efficiently recruit, track and manage all their volunteers and volunteer programs with NGO Connect. They can easily schedule and monitor volunteer events and shifts and they have an on-ramp to build volunteer communities to foster unprecedented engagement and collaboration.
- Nonprofit Relationship Management: Nonprofits can now manage all of their constituents' contact information, preferences, relationships, social identities, interests and preferences in one place. Now they can tap into their supporters' full potential with visibility into relationships and contact networks.
Nonprofit Success with NGO Connect
Leading nonprofits are already having success with NGO Connect:
- City Year: City Year is an education-focused nonprofit that partners with urban schools to provide targeted student intervention to keep students on track and in school. City Year has been using NGO Connect to get a holistic view of its donors and to paint a complete picture of the impact of its work.
- Girl Scouts of America: Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the largest organization for girls in the world. Their mission is to build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem. GSUSA uses NGO Connect to consolidate all of their onboarding processes online, so new volunteers can complete all of their "paperwork" with just a few clicks. Now with Salesforce, the application, verification and assignment process only takes a few hours or at most a couple of days, so new volunteers can more quickly get on with doing what they love — making a difference in girls' lives.
- Sierra Club: The Sierra Club is one of the largest and most influential grassroots environmental organizations in the United States. It has a vision for engaging its community online to catalyze action to protect the environment and is implementing this vision using NGO Connect for its major donor fundraising. Sierra Club is also migrating other marketing, donation, membership, volunteer and advocacy functions to the Salesforce1 Platform.
Pricing & Availability
- NGO Connect is now generally available through the Salesforce.com Foundation.
- The first two licenses of the new NGO Connect are available for free to nonprofit organizations through the Salesforce.com Foundation's Power of Us program that provides discounted Salesforce technology, training and services to nonprofits.
- The first two licenses of NGO Connect are available for free. Every license after that starts at $120 per user, per month.
About the Salesforce.com Foundation
The Salesforce.com Foundation is based on a simple idea: leverage 1% of salesforce.com's product, equity and time to improve communities around the world. We call this integrated philanthropic approach the 1-1-1 model. Since the Foundation's inception in 1999, Salesforce technology has powered more than 23,000 nonprofit and higher education institutions; we've provided more than $68 million in grants; and our employees have logged more than 680,000 volunteer hours throughout the world. For more information on the Salesforce.com Foundation, please visit www.salesforcefoundation.org.
roundCorner is a software and services company focused exclusively on developing applications for nonprofit and higher education institutions on the Salesforce.com platform. We help our customers solve humanity's most pressing challenges by unlocking the value of their greatest asset – a lifetime relationship with their constituents. To learn more about roundCorner, visit www.roundcorner.com or @roundcause.
SOURCE Salesforce.com Foundation