Salesforce.com Introduces Force.com 2, the Cloud 2 Platform, with Five New Services for Building Cloud 2 Apps
New Appforce, Siteforce, VMforce, ISVforce and Heroku services give business, IT, and ISVs the fastest way to build apps that are cloud, mobile and social
New services will run on the trusted Database.com service
Force.com 2 eliminates hardware and software complexity, dramatically accelerating the application development process
ISVs have now made more than 1,000 Force.com apps available on the AppExchange - the world's largest cloud marketplace
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- DREAMFORCE 2010 -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today introduced five new enterprise cloud platform services, including Appforce, Siteforce, VMforce, ISVforce and Heroku, for building Cloud 2 apps. Force.com 2 eliminates hardware and software complexity and give business, IT and ISVs the means to accelerate every application development project on their backlog.
Force.com 2: The Cloud 2 Platform
Force.com dramatically speeds up the application development process by eliminating the complexity of managing and maintaining software and hardware infrastructure. With new Force.com 2 enterprise cloud platform services, including Appforce, Siteforce, VMforce, Heroku and ISVforce, there are solutions to accelerate every application development project on the IT backlog:
Appforce helps companies deliver powerful and scalable departmental apps. Users can build forms, customize reports, visually design business processes, and make sure they are all measureable and auditable. And, they can automatically add collaboration with Salesforce Chatter. Leading enterprises, including Avon, Japan Post and Thomson Reuters have built more than 185,000 apps on Appforce.
Building websites today is slow and painful, with continual requests for new landing pages, new products and new campaigns. Additionally, website developers have no easy path to adding the social, mobile and real-time features required by enterprises today. Siteforce gives business users the tools to make simple changes and gives web developers the means to deliver powerful sites quickly.
Siteforce makes it easy to draw pages, manage content, and reuse pre-built components, all in real-time. And, websites built on Siteforce benefit from running on salesforce.com's trusted global infrastructure. Leading companies, including Dell, Starbucks and METI have built and run more than 20,000 websites on Siteforce.
With VMforce, salesforce.com's partnership with VMware, 6 million Java developers now have a path to the cloud. VMforce allows developers to leverage their existing Java expertise and the benefits of cloud computing to build new enterprise apps that are cloud, mobile, social and real-time. With VMforce Java developers can run their Java apps natively on Force.com, use the most popular Java developer environments, the Spring Framework and Eclipse IDE, and leverage open standards such as JPA for enterprise Java development. VMforce is now in private beta at Dreamforce.
Heroku is the leading Ruby platform-as-a-service, built from the ground up to work in an open environment and take advantage of the Ruby language. Ruby has become the leading development language used to write next-generation apps that are social, collaborative and deliver real-time access to information across mobile devices. Today, Heroku powers more than 105,000 apps, written by an avid following of Ruby developers.
ISVs are in a new world of opportunity, with more devices to support, rapid application development and update cycle demands, and a shift to the cloud development and delivery model. ISVforce provides ISVs comprehensive application development services, trials and provisioning, automatic upgrade capabilities, the AppExchange cloud app marketplace, and a real-time console for monitoring customer usage and adoption. ISVforce puts all of these services, and the full power of multi-tenancy and salesforce.com's trusted global service infrastructure behind every ISV app. Leading ISVs, including Blackboard, BMC, CA and more are using ISVforce to build and deliver apps.
Force.com 2: The Cloud 2 Platform
Force.com 2 is the fast and open path to build Cloud 2 apps. Cloud 2 represents the new generation of real-time enterprise applications that are social, mobile, and built in the cloud. Research from several analyst firms shows that building apps on Force.com is about five times faster than building on traditional on-premises platforms. The Force.com platform is open and easily accessible by other cloud apps and platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Google App Engine and more via its powerful Web services APIs.
Force.com 2 provides a comprehensive application development platform, including the forms, processes, analytics, search, social, and mobile features developers need, all running on salesforce.com's trusted infrastructure. Force.com 2 also includes an integrated data model, sharing rules, a security model, and a social data model, so that developers can focus on building innovative applications, not managing infrastructure.
Force.com 2: World's Leading Enterprise Cloud Platform
As the shift to Cloud 2 accelerates, increasing the demand for social, mobile and real-time enterprise apps, Force.com is continuing to see dramatic adoption, extending its position as the world's leading cloud platform.
- 185,000+ custom applications have been built on the Force.com platform.
- 310,000+ developers have joined the developer.force.com program.
- Salesforce.com's service regularly handles 400,000,000 transactions daily, and handled 25 billion transactions in its last quarter.
- The 25 billion transactions were handled at an average speed of less than 300ms.
- About 45% of the transactions were API calls, an indication of the adoption and integration of salesforce.com's service with customers' IT environments.
AppExchange – the World's Largest Cloud Computing Marketplace
The salesforce.com AppExchange continues to be the world's leading cloud computing marketplace, now with more than 1,000 apps available. ISVs are making all kinds of business apps available in the cloud on the AppExchange – including finance, human resources, IT management, analytics, integration and much more.
- 1,000 + apps are now listed on the AppExchange.
- 364,000+ test drives of apps on the AppExchange have taken place.
- 690,000+ apps have been installed via the AppExchange.
- Venture capital firms have invested more than $1 billion in companies on the AppExchange.
CA Identity Manager is the 1,000th live app on the AppExchange. It supports the provisioning and de-provisioning of users for cloud applications created on Force.com. CA Identity Manager also makes it easy for customers to manage passwords and enable single sign-on to Force.com applications when coupled with CA SiteMinder. CA Identity Manager is immediately available for deployment on AppExchange 2 at http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange. CA Idea Vision and CA Product Vision applications, announced Tuesday, also are part of the AppExchange. The products are built on Force.com and are part of CA Technologies new project and portfolio management solution for enabling innovation across the enterprise for both traditional development and new Agile projects.
Comments on the News:
- "With these five new services for building Cloud 2 apps, companies can quickly and easily accelerate every application development project on their backlog," said George Hu, EVP platform, marketing and corporate development, salesforce.com. "Force.com 2 is the enterprise cloud platform of choice because it delivers the fastest path to proven success for business, IT and ISVs."
- "CA Technologies is demonstrating its commitment to cloud computing on Force.com with our continued participation in salesforce.com's AppExchange 2. The success of our CA Agile Vision application on the AppExchange shows us the benefit of participating in the salesforce.com community, and we continue to build solutions on and for the Force.com platform," said Dave Hansen, general manager, Management Products and Solutions, CA Technologies.
- "There is no comparison to the speed and time to market we've achieved with Force.com," said Jason Fung, CIO of Pro-Bel. "Building these same systems using on-premise application development would have required teams of people and massive resources. We were able to build custom applications that can keep up with the nature of our business and deliver for our customers in weeks as opposed to months."
- Video tutorials on how to get started developing on Force.com are available on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/salesforce#g/c/401F0EF5959CD197
- Click here for information on how to join the AppExchange.
- Click here for a video on how to use the AppExchange to extend cloud apps to all of your employees.
- Force.com Edition pricing begins at $25/user/month.
- ISVs interested in building on Force.com can learn more at www.salesforce.com/partners
Salesforce.com is the trusted enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's Force.com platform and apps (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate. Salesforce.com's cloud offerings include:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support
- The Jigsaw Data Cloud, for ensuring data integrity and quality
- Salesforce Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- Database.com, the world's first enterprise cloud database
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing apps
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of October 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 87,200 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements may not be currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2010 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
More by this Source
Independent Research Firm Recognizes Salesforce.com as a Leader in Public Cloud Platforms
Jun 17, 2013, 08:00 ET
Salesforce.com Commences Cash Tender Offer for All Shares of ExactTarget
Jun 12, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.