CHARLOTTE, N.C., Jan. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Samaritan's Feet International is pleased to announce that Jay Hein, Kevin Henry, Rob Johnston, and Anne Neilson have been elected to serve on the SFI Board of Directors. These four new board members join six other Board members. Hein, Henry, Johnston, and Neilson all bring a unique set of professional backgrounds and personal experience to the Board of Directors.
"We at Samaritan's Feet are pushing towards our goal of creating a world with zero shoeless children. This requires unique talents on the board and we could not be more excited about our four new members," Emmanuel "Manny" Ohonme, Co-Founder and President of Samaritan's Feet, said. "Each of these individuals has an amazing story along with the willingness to become an instrument of transformation so that they can empower, educate, and help children in need all over the world."
Introductions to the four new Board of Directors members:
- Hein is the President of Sagamore Institute, an Indianapolis-based think tank that he helped found in 2004. From 2006 - 2008, Hein served as the Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.
- Henry is the Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer for Extended Stay America. Prior to his current role, Henry was Chief Human Resources Officer of Snyder's-Lance, Inc. as well as Chief Human Resources Officer of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated.
- Johnston is the Chief Risk Officer of FIS' Banking and Payments Segment. Johnston has more than 20 years of successful leadership in risk management, information security, and other strategic roles with some of the world's most recognized companies, including FIS and Bank of America / Merrill Lynch.
- Neilson is the owner of Anne Neilson Home and Anne Neilson Fine Art Gallery. In 2003, Neilson began painting with oils and quickly became nationally known for her ethereal Angel Series paintings which are inspiring reflections of her faith and flair for color and light.
Other members of the Board of Directors include:
- Scott Carr, President of Bonded Logistics
- Bishop James W. Dixon, The Community of Faith church
- Gwendolyn High, Associate Vice President - Community Relations of Aramark
- Matt Kuruvilla, CEO and Founder of MK Capital, LLC
- Manny Ohonme, Co-Founder of Samaritan's Feet
- Tracie Ohonme, Co-Founder of Samaritan's Feet
About Samaritan's Feet International
Samaritan's Feet is a 501(c)(3) humanitarian aid organization that shares a message of hope and love through washing the feet of impoverished children around the world and adorning them with new shoes. There are an estimated 2.2 billion people worldwide living in poverty and more than 1.5 billion who suffer from foot borne diseases. The goal of Samaritan's Feet is to create a world with zero shoeless children. Since its founding by Manny Ohonme in 2003, Samaritan's Feet and its team of ambassadors and partners have blessed more than 6.5 million children in more than 75 nations. For more information about Samaritan's Feet International, visit www.SamaritansFeet.org.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/samaritans-feet-international-announces-four-new-members-to-board-of-directors-300398121.html
SOURCE Samaritan's Feet