Samsung Canada Launches the Highly Anticipated GALAXY Note II Gangnam Style
Korean Rap sensation PSY will celebrate the launch of Samsung's latest addition to GALAXY family with his first live appearance in Canada, October 30th in Toronto
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Oct. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - October 22, 2012 - Samsung Canada, the leading supplier of mobile phones in the Canadian marketplace, announced today that it will launch the Samsung GALAXY Note™ II Gangnam Style. Professional by day, fun by night, the GALAXY Note II is all about productivity and self-expression which is why Samsung has invited South Korean super star, PSY to share a little of his creativity, energy and style with his fans at his first live appearance in Canada on October 30, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario in celebration of the GALAXY Note II launch.
"The new Samsung GALAXY Note II is the ultimate smartphone for on-the-go productivity and content creation so we are thrilled to team up with PSY to launch this category-leading device - Gangnam Style," said Paul Brannen, Vice President, Mobile Communications at Samsung Canada "The growing popularity of Samsung's latest product category - the GALAXY Note has been overwhelmingly positive and we are excited to introduce this device to the Canadian market."
The Samsung GALAXY Note II launch event will take place Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at The Kool Haus located at 132 Queens Quay East, Toronto, Ontario. Tickets will not be sold for this event, but some lucky Canadians can win the opportunity to attend by checking out Samsung Canada's Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/SamsungMobileCanada or by tuning in to Kiss 92.5 (or checking out www.kiss925.com for more chances to win) and Virgin Radio 99.9 (for exact times to win check out www.999VirginRadio.com).
Samsung GALAXY Note II Details:
Since the introduction of the GALAXY Note category, Samsung has continued to enhance and expand the GALAXY Note product experiences. With a perfect viewing experience and unique and differentiated features, the Samsung GALAXY Note II helps users discover information and capture ideas faster, express thoughts freely and manage tasks more efficiently.
Key Product Information:
- Perfect Viewing Experience: A 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display provides brilliant visual clarity with a 16:9 screen ratio.
- Easy Multi Tasking in One View: Air View feature allows users to hover their S Pen over App icons to preview content. Popup Note lets users open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window anywhere on the screen.
- Instant Access: Quick Command lets users instantly launch apps by jotting down pre-registered marks. Ability to launch S Note quickly by simply removing S Pen or pressing the dedicated S Note widget on the display.
- True Multitasking: When users are completing a task in one application, they can immediately load another application on the screen. Multiple applications are stacked on the screen like multiple windows and users can easily switch among applications. Popup Video lets users watch video as a pop-up anywhere on the screen while running other tasks or taking notes.
- On Spot Capturing and Easy Expression: One press of the S Pen button lets users instantly select content to clip or edit, with no extra menu steps. The Flash Crop feature allows users to instantly crop the screen or its contents in any shape needed. Screen Record feature allows recording of whole action sequences on the display to share with others
- Easier Content Sharing: Samsung's AllShare Play can be used to instantly share media files or S Notes between the GALAXY Note II and DLNA-supported devices. With AllShare Cast, users can wirelessly connect their GALAXY Note II to their notebook PC or TV to quickly transfer content onto a larger screen. S Beam allows users to share media files simply by tapping on another applicable device, even without Wi-Fi or a cellular signal.
- Always-on Performance: 1.6GHz quad-core processor with LTE and HSPA connectivity Android 4.1 (also known as Google Jelly Bean) includes new upgraded graphics capabilities, simplified menu navigation and browsing, and upgraded Google services such as Google Now (featuring contextual search). 3,100 mAh battery guarantees the sufficient power for amazing smart mobile experiences.
The Samsung GALAXY Note II will be available through all major carriers and retailers beginning on October 30, 2012 in Marble White or Titanium Gray color options. For specific pricing and availability, please visit your nearest carrier or retail partner. For more information on the GALAXY Note II, please go to: www.samsung.com/Note2.
About Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
Samsung Electronics Canada markets a broad range of award-winning digital consumer electronics, IT, telecommunications and home appliance products. The Canadian arm upholds Samsung's global mission to provide consumers with innovative digital convergence products that possess exceptional technology, quality, features, performance and value. As a result of its commitment to innovation and unique design, Samsung has become one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. In 2012, Samsung was ranked #9 in the Interbrand "100 Best Global Brands" breaking the top ten for the first time, and was named as one of Fast Company's "50 Most Innovative Companies of 2011".
For more information, please visit www.samsung.com
Follow Samsung Canada @ facebook.com/SamsungCanada or on twitter @SamsungCanada
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
Image with caption: "Samsung celebrates the launch of the GALAXY Note II Gangnam Style with PSY in his first Canadian appearance. (CNW Group/Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121031_C8955_PHOTO_EN_19885.jpg
More by this Source
Samsung Canada Announces First Canadian Research & Development Centre
Nov 28, 2013, 10:33 ET
Look What We Have Up Our Sleeve Just in Time for the Holidays!
Nov 21, 2013, 10:31 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.