SOUTH NORWALK, Conn., Dec. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Despite a troubling economy, people are still partying this holiday season, according to event entertainment booking service, GigMasters.com. While the number of bookings for holiday party entertainment has held steady since 2010, GigMasters' data reveals substantial shifts in how hosts are entertaining this year.
Top 5 Trends in Holiday Party Entertainment
- While Santa is still on top, bookings for comedians are growing at the fastest rate, up 28% from last year.
- Santa's earn an average of $220 per gig, up 12%.
- Cover bands and DJs are among the most popular entertainment choices, but more party hosts are choosing budget-friendly entertainers like hypnotists, pianists, guitarists and caricaturists.
- Entertainment bookings for New Year's Eve parties are up 20%, but the average amount spent is down 11% from 2010.
- Hosts are spending an average of $625 on holiday party entertainment, up 7.5% from last year.
"Over the years, we've helped thousands of holiday party hosts find entertainment, and it's always fascinating to see how their choices change each year," says Marissa Latshaw, VP of Marketing at GigMasters.com. "We love seeing a surge in comedians this season as laughter is one of the best gifts."
GigMasters provides local and national data sheets on holiday, wedding and other entertaining trends to newspapers, bloggers and other media outlets.
GigMasters is the number one event entertainment booking service, guiding party planners and hosts to the right entertainment for every event. By combining the efficiency of the web with the personal touch of a private event planner, GigMasters has helped facilitate more than 140,000 bookings. With the Internet's largest nationwide database of client-rated performers for live music and variety entertainment, GigMasters boasts over 10,000 performers including live bands, wedding musicians, party DJs, celebrity impersonators, balloon twisters, stand-up comedians, jazz trios, bagpipers, string quartets, soloists and more. The site, founded in 1997 by Kevin Kinyon and Michael Caldwell, attracts over 20,000 daily visits, throughout North America. GigMasters is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, TRUSTe, and is also a DigiCert secured website. For more information, please visit http://www.gigmasters.com/.
VP of Marketing, GigMasters.com