SÃO PAULO, Oct. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The state of São Paulo's Regional Council for Engineering and Agronomy (CREA-SP), needed to update its legacy technology and selected Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) to provide the committee's registration and activity management systems.
Through a bidding process, Level 3 was selected to host and store CREA-SP's registration system, CREANet and its Documentum tool, which enables the management of customer service activities in the council's web environment. Contracted services include a protected Local Area Network (LAN-to-LAN) connection, internet, backup and installation, and configuration, monitoring, management and maintenance services.
- CREA-SP is Latin America's largest council for the inspection of professional practice.
- The technical solution includes a corporate computer network with virtualization services, backup, security services, monitoring, management of cloud and virtual servers and a LAN-to-LAN connecting CREA-SP's headquarter to Level 3's data center in Cotia.
- Level 3's global backbone, with extensive flexibility and reach, supports all of CREA-SP's data movement, which is now done through a secure communications channel with high availability and capability. The servers possess the same digital certifications utilized in Internet Banking systems.
- Level 3's power substation with a capacity of 20 MW at the data center ensures continuity of power supply for the operation of equipment and applications, and played a key role in CREA-SP's selection.
About Level 3's Data Center Network:
- Level 3 operates three data centers in Brazil, and approximately 360 worldwide.
- Level 3's global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 320,000 km of fiber network and metro market reach in more than 60 countries with a comprehensive services portfolio.
- Level 3 meets a wide variety of data center demands, ranging from cloud and virtual services to hosting, storage and backup to operating system management.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians.
- For more information about Level 3's data center services, visit: http://datacenters.level3.com/.
Erick Mendes, IT Manager, CREA-SP
"By signing this project with Level 3, a global company providing highly reliable services in the market, we were able to achieve our target of modernizing our technology infrastructure. As a result, CREA-SP is able to provide a huge leap in the quality of the service provided to our customers and professionals."
André Magno, Director of Data Center and Security, Level 3 Brazil
"We know customer experience and flexibility are key differentiators that create loyal and satisfied users. We focus on professional services for customers with complex computing environments so we can provide highly availability, secure services to help their business grow."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sao-paulos-regional-council-of-engineering-and-agronomy-selects-level-3-as-hosting-services-provider-300340356.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.