LAS VEGAS, April 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today announced the implementation of custom-designed connected technology solutions that make the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas one of the world's most automated and energy efficient entertainment, sporting and concert venues. T-Mobile Arena, which is a joint venture between AEG and MGM Resorts International, will celebrate its grand opening event today.
As the first "Founding Partner" for T-Mobile Arena, Schneider Electric helped design and install a complete building management system offering anytime, anywhere access, through hundreds of intelligent connected devices, to collective information throughout the facility. Additionally, the Schneider Electric solutions will assist with the ongoing management of critical electrical, HVAC, security and IT systems. The end-to-end smart technology solutions from Schneider Electric will help the 20,000-seat arena achieve its LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification.
"AEG and MGM share our commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability. As a result, T-Mobile Arena guests will have a best-in-class experience thanks to connected technologies from Schneider Electric that offer a single, real-time view into all critical infrastructure systems," said Jim Sandelin, Senior Vice President, EcoBuilding, Schneider Electric North America Operations. "By connecting information technology and operation technology, Schneider Electric can help the arena achieve its efficiency and sustainability goals as well as significant savings on its overall operations costs."
At the arena, Schneider Electric provides the video and card access security system, air conditioning, complete electrical infrastructure, metering (gas, water and power), and power management capabilities. The company's intelligent SmartStruxure™ solution will monitor the status of critical components and environmental parameters to ensure correct functionality during all modes of operation.
AEG and Schneider Electric have collaborated for years around energy and sustainability solutions that make many AEG entertainment venues highly sustainable. T-Mobile Arena is a continuation of this relationship, leveraging solutions across the company's full portfolio of innovative connected technology solutions including:
- Video Security System: Schneider Electric's Pelco VideoXpert and Pelco Sarix Cameras help arena security professionals monitor for disruptions and foot traffic around the arena for fan safety and security.
- Card Access Security: Andover Continuum Access Control helps protects fans, players and staff from potential security threats by providing the encryption and authentication to enable tamper-proof communications between controllers and workstations.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply: Schneider Electric MGE Galaxy technology eliminates unexpected power disruptions and increases power availability for crucial arena technology, like video screens.
- Medium/Low-voltage Switchgear: Square D® LV QED switchgear allows for high-performing, efficient and reliable electricity throughout the arena to keep events running smoothly.
- Building Management System: Schneider Electric's SmartStruxure building management system, SmartStruxure Lite Room Controllers and Power Logic Meters ensure occupant comfort and air quality throughout the arena via continuous monitoring of HVAC, lighting, energy and security systems.
- Computer Room Air Conditioning: Schneider Electric Uniflair Perimeter Cooling technology maintains optimal temperature and humidity in IT environment, protecting against potential failure to support consistent cell service and technology operations.
- Variable-frequency Drive: Schneider Electric's S-Flex™ Drive helps provide additional fan comfort through consistent air flow management.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~$30 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Hashtags: #TMobileArena #UnlockTMoArena
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/schneider-electric-turns-on-efficiency-and-sustainability-at-t-mobile-arena-through-connected-technologies-300247196.html
SOURCE Schneider Electric