Scott Roeder Trial: Randall Terry, Operation Rescue Founder and Insurrecta Nex Members to Attend Trial in Wichita
"Was John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry completely right, completely wrong, or a mix of both? Was Brown a hero or a villain?" Randall Terry
WICHITA, Kan., Jan. 25 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by Randall Terry, Director, Operation Rescue Insurrecta Nex.
Statement of Randall Terry:
"We are not coming to condone or condemn Scott Roeder's actions. That decision will soon rest with the jury. However, there are those who want to pretend this trial has nothing to do with child-killing by abortion; that is a farce. It's like saying that the trials of Nat Turner and John Brown had nothing to do with slavery.
"We will be present to be a voice for the babies who perished at George Tiller's hand, and to raise a series of 'academic questions' such as the following:
"Was John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry completely right, completely wrong, or a mix of both? Was Brown a hero or a villain?"
"Was Nat Turner's slave rebellion completely just, completely unjust, or a mixture of both? Was Turner a hero or a villain?"
"George Tiller murdered 60,000 babies by his own hand. Scott Roeder knew this. How can Mr. Roeder receive a fair trial if this data is kept from the jury? Will the jury be allowed to hear evidence – such as the grizzly means by which these babies were slain and disposed of – evidence that would clearly effect Mr. Roeder's state of mind?"
"Did Sedgwick County District Court Judge Warren Wilbert already deny Scott Roeder a fair trial, by having a jury questionnaire that was geared to identify Christians and pro-lifers, and thereby exclude them? In other words, has His Honor denied Mr. Roeder a fair trial of a jury of his peers?"
"If George Tiller has murdered 60,000 Jews, would the judge exclude all Jews from the jury, or insist that only anti-Semites could be jurors?"
Here is the portion of the Jury questionnaire being discussed. These questions are patently offensive and discriminatory:
- What is your religious affiliation/denomination, if any?
- Do you attend a place of worship, i.e., Church, Temple, etc.? If yes, state where and how often?
- If applicable, do you participate in other activities in your place of worship? If yes, please state the type of activities and how frequently:
- If married or living with a mate, please describe their religious preference:
- If applicable, does your place of worship and/or particular denomination take an official stand on the practice of abortion?
- How would you rate the importance of your religious beliefs in your day to day life? Utmost important, Very important, Somewhat important, Not important at all
- Do you have any principles based on religious or ethical teaching or dogma that would affect your ability to serve as a fair and impartial juror? If yes, please explain.
Mr. Terry and his associates will arrive in Wichita on Tuesday.
SOURCE Randall Terry, Director, Operation Rescue Insurrecta Nex