HONG KONG, Aug. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Messaging with friends just became more fun! Launching today in the United States, the Chaatz messaging app pushes expression to a whole new level, providing an immersive experience of hyper expression through the use of text comic strips, in-app gaming, winks, doodle, chat spaces, and more.
Pretty Little Liars' star Shay Mitchell is teaming up with Chaatz to better inform her fans on how she stays in touch with her friends and family while balancing a jam-packed schedule. As the first app tailor-made for "expressaging" – wearing your emotions on your mobile sleeve – Chaatz is a social platform that is perfect for people who are always on-the-go but don't want to miss out on a moment with their loved ones.
Through their partnership, Shay's fans can now connect with her through her personal Chaatz account, and send Winks (personalized photo emojis) for the chance to win awesome Shay curated prizes every week, including an all-expense paid trip to Los Angeles, fitness and beauty packages, and more. Additional contest details and rules can be found by visiting www.chaatz.com/contest.html.
"I'm so excited for my fans to see the fun, innovative features that Chaatz offers," said Mitchell. "Between the Winks photo-emoji feature, group chat rooms and in-app games, I feel like I'm able to stay in touch with my friends and family while I'm traveling better than ever before!"
More about Shay's favorite features:
- Winks: "Chaatz lets you easily express your moods and emotions through Winks. I love making a photo emoji out of a funny selfie, or sharing a photo of my favorite latte right in my message! The best part is that I can save up to 15 Winks in my chat space so that they're easier to access when I want to share with someone else!"
- Comic and exPRESS Strip: "Not only is it fun to talk to my friends in the form of a comic strip, but I love that I can quickly create a group chat so that all of my besties are able to share life updates in one space! You can also share your comic strip threads with your Facebook friends straight from the app, which is always hilarious with my squad!"
- Gaming: "With Four-In-A-Row and Chess offered straight through the Chaatz app, it makes it easy to play games with your friends without having to download a separate gaming app. You also get reminders in your chat when it's your turn!"
Additional key features of Chaatz include:
- About Me: Create a unique profile where you can upload your own photos and videos (5 photos, 1 video) so that your profile is unlike any others'.
- Doodle: Chaatz users can use the blank canvas to create and draw personalized messages to express how you are feeling.
Founded by the team behind the Facebook mobile experience, Richard Cheung and Arnie Chaudhuri have taken their experiences developing feature phone apps and app stores for Nokia, LG and Samsung to make Chaatz the must-have-app for young people desiring true freedom of expression.
"Today we live in an age of hyper expression where young people want and need to express themselves socially in new and unlimited ways," said Richard Cheung, Co-Founder and CEO of Chaatz. "However, current messaging applications are limiting – whether it's in the length of time, lack of personalization, or the ability to connect with people around you. With Chaatz, we're really pushing expression to a whole new level by allowing our users to express who they are and what they feel in a variety of ways in a safe environment. We call it expressaging."
Chaatz is a messaging app that provides an engaging and personalized messaging experience giving users the freedom to express who they are and what they're feeling in a safe and secure environment. With Chaatz, users can develop deeper relationships with their close friends and family, using text comic strips, in-app gaming, winks), doodle, and chat spaces. Express yourself: chat, express, play, connect.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shay-mitchell-teams-up-with-new-messaging-app-chaatz-300317603.html