NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM announced today the launch of VOLUME, the first-ever 24/7 talk radio channel dedicated to music -- its latest news, raging controversies, and non-stop debates – as the focus of the conversation.
This new channel will cover all genres of popular music. VOLUME will deliver a mixture of live daily shows, artist interviews, weekly specials, a music trivia game show, album reviews, and several in-depth docuseries hosted by the most respected, knowledgeable, and passionate people in music today – including artists themselves. VOLUME will debut live October 17 at 7 am.
VOLUME's live daily programs will include Feedback, a three-hour morning talk-show from 7-10 am ET/PT featuring the latest music news, celebrity guests and scoop on trending topics. Lady Gaga will be a featured guest on Feedback's debut program. Legendary DJ Eddie Trunk will host mid-days from 2 pm to 4 pm ET, and Debatable, hosted by MTV VJ Mark Goodman and author Alan Light, will air each weekday from 4 pm to 7 pm ET, and focus on the great debates fans often have about music.
Other featured shows upon launch include Rolling Stone Music Now, the popular weekly podcast from the editors at Rolling Stone that will now also appear on VOLUME. Author, TV producer and commentator Bill Flanagan will host Written in My Soul, a new series of interviews with legendary musicians including Robert Plant, who will be a guest during the show's premiere. In addition, Melissa's Basement hosted by Melissa Etheridge where she gathers her favorite singer-songwriters to share their stories and get together at her Los Angeles-area home for musical collaborations. David Crosby will appear on Melissa's debut show on October 18. And journalist and TV producer Elliott Wilson will host Rap Radar Report, bringing some of the biggest names in hip hop together for discussions about the musical genre.
"Sirius XM has millions of loyal music fans nationwide, and now we are giving those fans a place where they can talk about the music they love," said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM's President and Chief Content Officer. "VOLUME will have a deep all-star roster of talent bringing that conversation only to SiriusXM. It's yet another example of SiriusXM delivering unique and exciting content to our subscribers. Roger Coletti is the Executive Producer of this channel and his extensive music expertise makes him the ideal person for this ground-breaking channel."
"VOLUME is sports radio for music fans. It will be a must-listen for fans to stay connected to the music they love," said Coletti, VOLUME's executive producer, and former radio programming veteran at MTV, VH1, and CMT. "It will be the ultimate place for fans to hear stories, share memories, discover new artists, and uncover the truth about their favorite artists, songs, albums and more. The channel is full of passionate, respected, and entertaining personalities that the audience will love, respect, and trust."
VOLUME will be on SiriusXM channel 106 and available through the SiriusXM app as well as online at siriusxm.com. Music fans will be able to join the discussion on social media via Twitter @SiriusXMVolume on Facebook at SiriusXM Volume.
VOLUME's programming line-up will include:
- Feedback will be a live daily morning talk-show featuring the latest music news, scoop, what's trending and conversations with guests and audiences. Hosted by nationally syndicated radio personality and former VH1 host Nik Carter, and veteran magazine editor, entertainment journalist and author Lori Majewski, Feedback will air weekdays from 7 am – 10 am ET/PT.
- Trunk Nation, featuring TV host and legendary DJ Eddie Trunk, will host a daily afternoon talk show, from 2 pm to 4 pm ET, from where he shares his stories from his 35-year-career in music, interviews top artists, and brings listeners in on the action. Trunk kicks off his first show with an interview with Metallica's Lars Ulrich.
- Debatable, a daily afternoon show from 4 to 7 pm ET, hosted by original MTV VJ and radio personality Mark Goodman, and former Spin and Vibe editor and author Alan Light, will be where hot topics, lists, and news of the day are discussed, debated, dissected and sometimes destroyed.
- Written in My Soul with Bill Flanagan will feature a series of interviews with legendary musicians including Robert Plant and Paul Simon. Flanagan is a TV producer, commentator, and author of the book Written in My Soul, a collection of conversations about songwriting with Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Mick Jagger and others.
- Rolling Stone Music Now, hosted by Rolling Stone Executive Editor Nathan Brackett, will bring this podcast to a new level by debuting it live from the SiriusXM studios. Each week, Nathan and his team discuss and analyze the hottest music news, profile up-and-coming acts, interview top artists and invite the audience to get in on the action to discuss new music.
- Rap Radar Report, hosted by journalist and TV producer Elliott Wilson, where he brings together some of the biggest names in hip hop for weekly discussions about the musical genre. T.I. will appear on the premiere episode of Rap Radar Report.
- Melissa's Basement features Grammy Award-winning recording artist Melissa Etheridge teaming up with her favorite singer-songwriters as they share stories and get together for musical collaborations. Melissa's Basement, a one-hour program premiering October 18, will provide listeners a rare and honest view of musicians as they talk about their craft and get together for one-of-a-kind performances of some of their favorite songs. Upcoming guests appearing on Mellissa's Basement will include David Crosby, Pat Benatar, Steve Cropper and more.
- Never Meet Your Heroes with Scott Ian features Anthrax guitarist and heavy metal icon Ian as he chats with his celebrity idols and musical influences about what inspires them. Corey Taylor of Slipknot will be the featured guest on the debut show.
- True Stories with Kurt Loder will feature incredible stories from some of the most fascinating musicians, filmmakers and writers of our time, as told to author, film critic and former MTV News anchor Kurt Loder. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top will be the debut guest on True Stories.
- The Album Review Show features YouTube star and the internet's busiest music nerd Anthony Fantano as he provides an in-depth discussion of the latest releases from new artists across all genres.
- 70's 80's 90's Now is a new music trivia game show hosted by former MTV and VH1 personality Jim Shearer. This lively, fun-filled trivia show will allow listeners to test their musical IQ while learning some obscure facts.
- The Last of The …is a new series hosted by Ryan Duffy, journalist, producer and entrepreneur, that examines the changing landscape in the world of music and tech. From producers to video directors, these are the folks behind the scenes who bring the music to the forefront. The Last of The…kicks off with guest, producer Steve Albini.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world's largest radio company measured by revenue and has more than 30.6 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and offers commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment, and a wide-range of Latin music, sports and talk programming. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S. and on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM radios and accessories are available from retailers nationwide and online at SiriusXM. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers through SiriusXM Traffic™, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic®, NavWeather™. SiriusXM delivers weather, data and information services to aircraft and boats through SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation™, XMWX Weather, and XMWX Marine™. In addition, SiriusXM Music for Business provides commercial-free music to a variety of businesses. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has approximately 2.7 million subscribers. SiriusXM is also a leading provider of connected vehicles services to major automakers, giving customers access to a suite of safety, security, and convenience services including automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle recovery assistance, enhanced roadside assistance and turn-by-turn navigation.
To download SiriusXM logos and artwork, visit http://www.siriusxm.com/LogosAndPhotos.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our substantial competition, which is likely to increase over time; our ability to attract and retain subscribers, which is uncertain; consumer protection laws and their enforcement; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; the market for music rights, which is changing and subject to uncertainties; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; the security of the personal information about our customers; existing or future government laws and regulations could harm our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; the interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions or other strategic initiatives; rapid technological and industry changes; failure of third parties to perform; harmful interference to our service from new and existing wireless operations; our failure to comply with FCC requirements; modifications to our business plan; our indebtedness; our principal stockholder has significant influence over our affairs and over actions requiring stockholder approval and its interests may differ from interests of other holders of our common stock; and impairment of our business by third-party intellectual property rights. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
Contact for SiriusXM:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/siriusxm-launches-volume--first-ever-247-music-talk-radio-channel--where-music-is-the-conversation-300336427.html
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.