NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM announced today that it will broadcast exclusive concerts, DJ sets and special performances live on New Year's Eve.
SiriusXM's New Year's Eve Live Concert Lineup Includes:
- Maroon 5 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center – captured live on SiriusXM's The Pulse
- Countdown Festival featuring Diplo and Steve Aoki at the NOS Event Center – airing live on SiriusXM's Electric Area
- Willie Nelson at ACL Live at the Moody Theater – airing live on SiriusXM's Willie's Roadhouse
- Widespread Panic at the Bridgestone Arena– airing live on SiriusXM's Jam_ON
- KC & the Sunshine Band at the Choctaw Grand Theater – airing live on SiriusXM's 70's on 7
- Kool & The Gang at Thunder Valley Casino Resort – airing live on SiriusXM's The Groove
- Southside Johnny at the Count Basie Theatre—airing live on SiriusXM's E Street Radio
- The Cowsills at The Cutting Room – captured live on SiriusXM's 60's on 6
SiriusXM will also present special performances and encore broadcasts of exclusive concerts in 2016 including:
- Garth Brooks's concert at the Ryman Auditorium to launch his SiriusXM channel, The Garth Channel, with a special encore only heard by those in attendance that night
- Coldplay in the Hamptons on The Spectrum
- Bon Jovi in Miami during Art Basel which aired live on the band's SiriusXM channel, Bon Jovi Radio. Special encore will air on Classic Rewind.
- Kings of Leon in New York City on Alt Nation
- Kenny Chesney celebrating the launch of his SiriusXM channel No Shoes Radio at the Stone Pony
- Green Day in Boston on Faction and Lithium
- Korn in LA on Octane
- The Lumineers in New York City on The Spectrum
- Dead & Company in Boulder, Colorado on The Grateful Dead Channel
- Billy Idol from his residency at House Of Blues Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on 1st Wave
- Performances from Live in The Vineyard by Colbie Caillat, Mike Posner, O.A.R., Matt Nathanson, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness and Phillip Phillips.
SiriusXM will also launch New Year's Nation, a limited-run party music channel on New Year's Eve. The limited-run channel is the ultimate soundtrack to New Year's Eve parties around the country and will feature the biggest, upbeat party hits from genres across SiriusXM's music platform. New Year's Nation, which will be available on channel 18 and via the SiriusXM app for smartphones and other connected devices and online at siriusxm.com, will launch Friday, December 30 at 5:00 pm ET and air through Monday, January 2 at 3:00 am ET.
Additionally, SiriusXM will air year end countdown specials featuring the biggest songs of 2016 across twelve music channels including Hits1, The Highway, Coffee House, Watercolors, Pop 2K, The Pulse, BPM, Caliente, Bluesville, The Loft, The Heat and Heart & Soul.
Plus several all-time best countdowns including:
- The Ultimate Top 50 Countdown on Hair Nation
- The Top 100 Songs from the Cassette Era on Classic Rewind
- The Ultimate 100 Classic Soul Songs on Soul Town
- The Backspin 100: The Top Essential Classic Hip-Hop Hits on Backspin
- The Prime 90 of the 90s on Prime Country
- 13 Most Influential Drummers in Rock & Roll Hosted by Nick Mason on Deep Tracks
- The Top 20 Albums from 1971 on Classic Vinyl
For more information on SiriusXM, please visit www.siriusxm.com.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world's largest radio company measured by revenue and has approximately 31 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and offers commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment, and a wide-range of Latin music, sports and talk programming. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company and on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM radios and accessories are available from retailers nationwide and online at SiriusXM. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers through SiriusXM Traffic™, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic®, NavWeather™. SiriusXM delivers weather, data and information services to aircraft and boats through SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation™, XMWX Weather, and XMWX Marine™. In addition, SiriusXM Music for Business provides commercial-free music to a variety of businesses. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has approximately 2.8 million subscribers. SiriusXM is also a leading provider of connected vehicles services, giving customers access to a suite of safety, security, and convenience services including automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle recovery assistance, enhanced roadside assistance and turn-by-turn navigation.
To download SiriusXM logos and artwork, visit
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our substantial competition, which is likely to increase over time; our ability to attract and retain subscribers, which is uncertain; consumer protection laws and their enforcement; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; the market for music rights, which is changing and subject to uncertainties; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; the security of the personal information about our customers; existing or future government laws and regulations could harm our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; the interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions or other strategic initiatives; rapid technological and industry changes; failure of third parties to perform; harmful interference to our service from new and existing wireless operations; our failure to comply with FCC requirements; modifications to our business plan; our indebtedness; our principal stockholder has significant influence over our affairs and over actions requiring stockholder approval and its interests may differ from interests of other holders of our common stock; and impairment of our business by third-party intellectual property rights. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
212 901 6644
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/siriusxm-presents-extensive-live-concert-lineup-on-new-years-eve-300382535.html
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.