"In conducting this study, we found that more than a quarter (28.9%) of business owners said they do not market their businesses both online and offline," said D. Scott Bowen, vice president and general manager of Vistaprint Digital. "The combination of online and offline marketing efforts is extremely powerful, yet these efforts can all too often take a backseat to other aspects of running a small business. Despite investment of time and money, we're finding that those who prioritize consistent print and digital marketing see a significant ROI and will get a leg up on competitors this holiday shopping season and beyond."
Additional notable findings within the report include:
- 52.7% of micro business owners ranked managing their online presence as very important, while 30.4% ranked it as fairly important.
- The channel micro business owners report using as their primary means for marketing their business varies. Social media (53.3%) and websites (32.7%) dominate, whereas online ads (6.6%) and online directories (5%) significantly lag behind as priority marketing channels.
- Female micro business owners (63.9%) are more likely than male (44%) to use social media as a main way to market their business online.
- Conversely, male micro business owners (40.3%) are more likely than female micro business owners (24.2%) to use a website as the main way to market online.
- Business cards are the primary offline marketing tactic (51.1%), with print advertising (11.3%), and signage (6.7%), trailing behind as the reported primary means of marketing.
To review the full Vistaprint Digital Micro Business Marketing Mix Report, please visit the Vistaprint Digital Blog.
Vistaprint is a global e-commerce brand empowering more than 17 million micro business owners to professionally promote their business with quality printed and digital marketing products at an affordable price. Our world-class online design studio allows customers to easily customize their products including business cards, marketing materials, signage, promotional products, apparel, websites, digital marketing, cards and stationery at www.vistaprint.com. Our patented printing technique allows us to maximize efficiency and consistently deliver quality and value to customers. This innovative process is supported by 22 localized websites serving various global markets; world-class manufacturing facilities around the globe, including North America, Western Europe, Australia and India; and thousands of employees in offices worldwide. Vistaprint is a Cimpress (Nasdaq: CMPR) brand.
Vistaprint and the Vistaprint logo are trademarks of Cimpress N.V. or its subsidiaries. All other brand and product names appearing on this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160503/363281LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/small-business-owners-say-consistency-of-online-and-offline-marketing-can-boost-the-bottom-line-300363135.html