Sony Announces New Sound Forge™ Pro Mac Audio Recording, Editing And Mastering Software For OS® X
Sound Forge Pro Mac 1.0 Software Brings Multichannel Audio Editing to a New Application Designed Exclusively for OS X
MIDDLETON, Wis., Sept. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Creative Software, a leading global provider of professional editing and authoring solutions, today released Sound Forge Pro Mac 1.0 software, the newest addition to its line of award-winning audio and video production software products. A multichannel audio recording and editing application, Sound Forge Pro Mac software was developed from the ground up on a clean slate for OS X and features an elegant interface that redefines the audio editing experience. The application ships with a full suite of audio mastering and repair plug-ins, making it a comprehensive solution for audio professionals who work on the Mac platform.
"People who work on audio editing platforms recognize the need for a fresh option in the marketplace, one that's built for OS X as opposed to something that's simply been ported over. In addition, it's no secret that cross-platform professionals have been demanding Sound Forge for the Mac for years," said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. "Our response is Sound Forge Pro Mac, a truly contemporary OS X design. Producers will appreciate its simple elegance, uncluttered look and amazing flexibility. The included suite of mastering and repair plug-ins makes this 1.0 edition a value-packed editing powerhouse right out of the box. Sound Forge Pro Mac is our second major OS X application release this year, and we're pleased to now be very actively engaged in application development for the Mac platform."
Sound Forge Pro Mac Software Features
- Edit audio on a new user interface designed specifically for OS X
- Access dedicated viewing panels for the ideal workflow experience when recording, monitoring, editing, applying plug-in processing and browsing for content
- Toggle between features to view only those you need to see during a particular editing task
- Engage legacy Sound Forge event-based editing for effortless sequencing of audio on the timeline
- 64-bit /192 kHz maximum resolution
- Record up to 32 simultaneous channels
One-stop audio mastering
- Produce broadcast-ready audio master files
- Make sophisticated processing tasks easier than ever with the new Plug-in Chainer design
- Apply plug-in parameter envelopes for precision mastering
- Use the included Mastering Effects Bundle by iZotope™ - a suite of six essential audio mastering plug-ins: EQ, Multiband Compressor, Exciter, Imager, Limiter and Reverb
Professional signal and effects processing
- Full range of native processes
- Zplane™ elastique Pro time-stretching and pitch-shifting plug-in
- iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion) and MBIT+ dither (bit depth conversion)
- Supports AU and VST plug-ins for both offline and non-destructive processing
Restore and Repair Tools
- An iZotope exclusive for Sound Forge Pro Mac software
- Declicker: automatically identify and remove clicks and pops
- Denoiser: eliminate unwanted noise with noiseprint-based noise reduction
- Declipper: reconstruct peaks damaged by clipping
Price and Availability
Sound Forge Pro Mac software will be available September 2012. For more information or to download, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $299 USD.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Sound Forge™ Pro, ACID™ Pro, and Vegas™ Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company's professional applications. In addition, Sony Creative Software distributes the revolutionary SpectraLayers™ Advanced Audio Spectrum Editor application (WIN/MAC), the extensive Sony® Sound Series collection of royalty free loops and samples, the Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series, and the Production Music line of royalty free production music. Further, the company provides the industry leading tools for enterprise level Blu-ray Disc™ authoring: Blu-print® and the DoStudio™ line of authoring applications, Dualstream 3D™ MVC encoder, and Z Depth™ 3D subtitle editing application. The company's customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as educators, students, and independent artists and producers. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.
© 2012 Sony Creative Software Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Sony, make.believe and the Sony and make.believe logos, ACID, Vegas, Sound Forge, Blu-code, Blu-print, Dualstream, DoStudio, and Z Depth are trademarks of Sony. All other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Sony Creative Software
More by this Source
Sony Announces Latest Consumer Software
Jan 15, 2014, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.