Sony Computer Entertainment America Announces Digital Entertainment Apps Available on PlayStation®4 at Launch Gamers Will Have Access to a Wide Variety of Popular Services for Movies, Television Shows, and Live Sports When the PS4 system launches on November 15
SAN MATEO, Calif., Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced a line-up of digital entertainment apps that will be available on the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system in the U.S. beginning November 15, 2013. Leveraging the power of PSNSM, PS4 gamers will have access to a rich portfolio of services starting on day one that feature the hottest movies and television shows, unique specialized content, and live sports programming. All entertainment apps can be found in PlayStation®Store.
"PlayStation is deeply committed to providing the most immersive gaming and entertainment experiences to gamers," said Phil Rosenberg, senior vice president, business development and publisher relations at SCEA. "The PS4 is the most powerful gaming system ever created, which enables us, along with our partners to add amazing entertainment options to the platform that we know PlayStation fans are going to love."
Launched alongside the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system on November 11, 2006, PSN is a comprehensive digital platform and a central part of the greater PlayStation ecosystem. A part of the larger Sony Entertainment Network, PSN delivers superior entertainment offerings catered to gamers at home and on the go. Content offered on the platform has grown significantly since its foundation with new digital entertainment options being added frequently.
In addition to Sony's own Music Unlimited, a global cloud-based, digital streaming music service with a global catalog of over 22 million songs, and Video Unlimited, an on demand entertainment service that provides access to Hollywood's latest hit movies, select classics and TV shows from hundreds of studios and networks across nine countries, there will be a variety of digital entertainment from popular services available starting at launch.
Entertainment apps available on November 15 include:
- Amazon Instant Video— Amazon Instant Video offers two great ways to watch movies and TV shows instantly, anywhere. Buy or rent from a selection of more than 150,000 titles or subscribe to Prime Instant Video and get unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes.
- Crackle— A part of Sony Pictures Television, Crackle is a freely accessible multi-platform television network delivering original series such as Emmy®Award nominated Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and hit movies and television programs in a variety of genres.
- Crunchyroll— Watch the latest and best selection of Anime right from Japan such as Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan, Bleach and more up to one-hour after Japanese broadcast!
- EPIX®— Authenticated subscribers on the PS4 system can instantly access and stream more than 3,000 titles on-demand, including top blockbusters such as The Avengers and The Hunger Games in HD, classic Hollywood franchises, award-winning original documentaries plus music and comedy specials.
- Hulu Plus— Hulu Plus offers unlimited instant streaming of current hit shows like Family Guy, The Simpsons, and South Park as well as original series including The Awesomes and The Wrong Mans.
- NBA Game Time— Stay connected to live out-of-market NBA game action on the PS4™ system with NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband on an authenticated basis for subscribers. Get access to real time stats, complete scores, stats and schedules for every game, and video highlights and recaps.
- Netflix— Netflix members can instantly watch a wide variety of TV shows and movies, including exclusive series such as House of Cards and Orange is the New Black, on the PS4™ system.
- NHL GameCenter LIVE™— Instantly stream live out-of-market games* in HD quality with your NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscription.
- Redbox Instant™ by Verizon—Subscribers can stream from a library of hit movies on the PS4™ system and receive 4 DVD or Blu-Ray rental nights every month for new releases at the Redbox® kiosk. Everyone can purchase and rent the latest movies on-demand.
- VUDU— Watch the world's largest selection of HD movies and TV shows, including thousands of blockbusters, Hollywood classics and indies. Stream new releases before they¹re available on DVD, or build a collection of favorites without ever paying for a subscription.
- YuppTV— YuppTV offers over 150 Indian TV channels Live and on demand, including a selection of over 600 Movies to watch anytime, anywhere.
* User responsible for applicable subscription fees.
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) has revolutionized home entertainment since the first PlayStation® system launched in 1995 in the United States, followed by the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system launch in 2000. SCEA continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with the PlayStation®Portable (PSP™) handheld entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, PSN℠, PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system, and the soon to be launched PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. SCEA also recently launched PlayStation®Mobile, a cross device mobile platform using Android-based PlayStation™Certified devices. Recognized as an undisputed industry leader, SCEA markets the PlayStation® family of products and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for PSP, PS3 and PS Vita systems in North and South America. Based in San Mateo, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American and South American operations.
PlayStation, PS3 are registered trademarks, PS4 is a trademark and PSN is a service mark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The Sony Computer Entertainment logo is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
SOURCE Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC