Spring Cleaning Checklist from The Maids
OMAHA, Neb., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Old Man Winter soon will wave goodbye as sweet spring stops in for a visit. This is the season to start anew, and that includes freshening up your home after a long bout of cold weather.
Experts at The Maids (www.maids.com), the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, offer the following tips to help you reach your spring cleaning goals. First, make a checklist of tasks for each room, beginning with the most important jobs. Incorporate ideas from the categories below to get started.
IT'S A WASH
- Launder or air out items like curtains, cushions, pillows, blankets and rugs.
- Vacuum items that don't always receive attention such as sofas and chairs, and the floors under beds and other heavy furniture.
- Dust or carefully vacuum TVs, stereo equipment and other electronics.
- Target other items that may not get regular care: window blinds, ceiling fans and picture frames, to name a few.
- Wash walls and baseboards, light fixtures, switch plates and stairway banisters.
- Wash windows with vinegar and a microfiber cloth to remove grime and that filmy substance that some commercial cleaners leave behind. Wash and repair window screens.
- Clean the insides of your washer and dryer, including the lint trap.
- Remove everything from closets, drawers, shelves and storage receptacles and decide whether you'll keep each item, sell it or donate it. Clean storage areas thoroughly before returning saved items.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer, too, throwing out dated items and washing the interior with warm, soapy water.
- De-clutter your basement and garage.
- Take care of annual or semi-annual chores such as steam-cleaning carpeting or resealing tile floors, for instance.
- Outside, sweep and hose down walks and driveways so you don't track in dirt and mud.
- In the bathroom, scrub tiles and grout. Re-grout loose tiles and re-caulk around fixtures. Replace old showerheads.
- Open windows to allow fresh air in.
About The Maids
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids