WARREN, Mich., Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/ --
What: The History Channel’s “Modern Marvels: Chrome” featuring SRG Global Inc.
When: Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, 8 pm ET on the History Channel (check local listings)
SRG Global and its 400,000 sq. ft. Morehead, KY facility, which specializes in conventional injection molding, painting, bright chrome finishing, and assembly, will be featured as part of The History Channel’s “Modern Marvels: Chrome.” The program chronicles the history and production methods of chrome, and how the world has come to regard the gleaming product as an essential element for both decorative and practical use. In part, the program will tell viewers about the complex electroplating process and how workers chrome plate plastic parts, a core capability of SRG Global.
In highlighting America’s infatuation with chrome, the special also:
- Shows viewers a 35,000 square foot treasure trove of chrome at 4 State Trucks in Missouri
- Takes them on the road with some bikers to take a look at how Harley Davidson puts chrome to work both as a decorative surface and a protective covering on engine parts.
- Visits a classic car gathering, where collectors show off their sparkling tailfins and grilles --and in Michigan, peruse a unique collection of more than 3,000 chrome hood ornaments.
- Explores the iconic, shimmering art deco dome of the Chrysler Building.
- And, finally, a Colorado artist will show viewers how he rescues old chrome car bumpers from the scrap yard and transforms them into amazing chrome sculptures.
About SRG Global
SRG Global, a Guardian company, is one of the largest plastic trim manufacturers in the world. The company, formed when Guardian Automotive purchased Siegel-Robert Automotive, is headquartered in Warren, Mich. and produces a wide range of high quality plated and painted injection molded products from manufacturing plants and design centers in North America, China and Europe.
For information about SRG Global, its Morehead, KY plant, or its products, visit www.srgglobalinc.com.
SOURCE SRG Global Inc.