NEW YORK, June 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This summer, Stella Artois seeks to inspire people across the country to "Host One to Remember" by sharing the thoughtful details that make any occasion more special, tapping the brand's Belgian culinary heritage paired alongside actress Shay Mitchell's favorite all-American seasonal cuisine. The melding of food and flavors will come to life at a sophisticated street party style event inspired by a traditional European Braderie – a popular outdoor social gathering – overlooking the New York City skyline. All summer long, Stella Artois will collaborate with influential hosts known for their creativity and cultural expertise to share their own perspectives on hosting, and how thoughtful details elevate any hosted occasion.
"Stella Artois boasts a rich 600-year legacy filled with extraordinary moments and thoughtful details, like the nine-step pouring ritual and our premium packaging, that have helped shape the brand we are today," said Harry Lewis, vice president, Stella Artois. "We believe our iconic Belgian lager makes any occasion more special, so this summer we are encouraging consumers everywhere to elevate their hosting occasions with Stella Artois, taking inspiration from Shay Mitchell and our other influential partners."
"Host One to Remember" Launches with a Celebration of Belgian and U.S. Summer Favorites
With the help of Shay Mitchell and master of contemporary Belgian cuisine Chef Bart Vandaele, Stella Artois will kick-off the season with an evening that celebrates the best summer food, games and drinks, iconic to both the United States and Belgium. From America's backyard grill staples taken to a new level with gourmet toppings, to classic Belgian recipes and outdoor games, Stella Artois is the perfect pairing with these elevated summer staples.
"Everyone knows I love to host, and summer is my favorite season, so collaborating with Stella Artois was the perfect way to blend these two passions," said Shay. "Whether it's at the beach, a backyard BBQ or a sophisticated rooftop party – for me, hosting is all about making guests feel relaxed while also adding special, personal details that make the experience more memorable."
Whether it's putting a spin on your favorite seasonal dishes, dialing up the décor at your outdoor festivities, or curating a personalized experience for guests – Stella Artois will showcase how any summer hosting moment can be elevated with thoughtful details and the classic Belgian lager, leaving guests inspired to upgrade their own occasions this season.
Stella Artois Continues to Inspire Entertaining Moments This Season
To further inspire consumers to make their summer unforgettable, Stella Artois will collaborate with The New York Times T Brand Studio to spotlight influential hosts across the verticals of art, design and style, all through the lens of culinary occasions. Through a series of videos, digital content and co-curated events beginning this July, each host will reveal their unique hosting craft and the thoughtful details they use to "Host One to Remember."
Stella Artois, +17% in volume sales YOY (IRI through 5/16), will also bring its perspective on hosting to consumers around the country with notable partnerships, creative components, online and off-premise activations that make it easier than ever to entertain this season.
- A Stella Artois take on entertaining: To support the "Host One to Remember" campaign, Stella Artois unveiled a suite of new creative components including a :30 television ad that shows how Stella Artois can make any occasion more special.
- Behind-the-scenes dining: Through a partnership with Chowhound x Feastly, Stella Artois will curate pop-up dining experiences that provide a behind the scenes look at hosting through the eyes of top chefs around the country. These unique dinners will be available for consumers to book directly through Feastly and Chowhound.
- Stella Artois makes its mark at Food & Wine festivals: The iconic Stella Artois airstream will once again visit Food & Wine festivals in cities across the country – including Aspen, Los Angeles, St. Louis and Chicago – curating one-of-a-kind culinary experiences for consumers with local chefs to inspire ingenious hosting.
- Hosting comes to life: In a series of unique online videos made exclusively for Facebook and Instagram, Stella Artois will partner with charismatic and credible co-hosts to share their perspective on how small details like lighting, food presentation and music can elevate even the simplest hosting occasion.
Toast to a Summer to Remember
To elevate gatherings in any setting, try mixing up the Stella Artois Cidre Summer Breeze – the perfect cocktail to complement summer dishes. Ideal for outdoor soirees, Stella Artois Cidre is a refreshing cider that pairs a soft, fruity sweetness with a crisp dryness.
Stella Artois Cidre Summer Breeze
Credit: Chef Bart Vandaele (Washington, D.C.)
- 2.5 oz Stella Artois Cidre
- 1 oz ginger ale
- 2 oz sugar-balsamic syrup *see recipe below
- 2 slices cucumber
- 1 strawberry, quartered
- 1 wedge lime
- 2 apple balls
- 2 leaves of Thai basil
- 2 oz heavy infused cold black tea
- 1 spoon of brown sugar
- 4 drops of aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 dashes of grenadine
Start with the sugar-balsamic syrup: mix-up all of the ingredients and let it sit for one hour. Remove the rosemary sprigs. Fill a glass with ice, balsamic syrup, strawberry, cucumber, lime, apple balls and Thai basil. Top it off with ginger ale and Stella Artois Cidre. Stir and enjoy!
Share how you're hosting memorable occasions this summer with @StellaArtois and #HostOneToRemember.
About Stella Artois
Stella Artois® is part of a Belgian brewing tradition dating back to 1366. It is the No. 1 Belgian beer in the world and is present in over 80 countries. Stella Artois® is a bottom filtered, blonde pilsner. It is thirst quenching with a malty middle and crisp finish delivering a full flavor and a hint of bitterness. Stella Artois® is best enjoyed served between 3 and 5 degrees Celsius and should be served in the unique Stella Artois® Chalice according to the 9-Step Pouring Ritual to guarantee a perfect experience of this gold standard lager. Visit www.stellaartois.com for more information.
For more information, please contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stella-artois-and-shay-mitchell-host-one-to-remember-this-summer-by-celebrating-the-best-of-belgium-and-the-us-300468326.html
SOURCE Stella Artois