SAN JOSE, Calif., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced the availability of Synaptics ClearPad® 4191 and ClearPad 4291, the world's first touch and display driver integration (TDDI) solutions for smartphones and tablets. With the 4291 already shipping and 4191 sampling with tier-one OEMs, the new touchscreen solutions further advance the company's family of display integration products, offering best-in-class performance, lower overall system cost and a simplified supply chain for device manufacturers. These innovations enable faster time-to-market and product differentiation for OEMs, and further position Synaptics as the clear market leader in display integration technology.
"According to our internal forecasts, over 50 percent of smartphones will have a display-integrated touchscreen by the end of 2015," said Kevin Barber, senior vice president and general manager, Smart Display Division (SDD), Synaptics. "Going forward, the strategic acquisition of Renesas SP Drivers will allow us to integrate the very best display drivers with our proven touch solutions in ways that were not previously possible."
Synaptics TDDI combines the touch controller and display driver into a single chip, reducing component count and simplifying design. ClearPad 4291 supports hybrid in-cell designs, eliminating the discrete touch sensor by leveraging existing layers in the liquid crystal display (LCD). ClearPad 4191 goes a step further by leveraging existing electrodes in the LCD for an even more elegant system architecture. Both solutions result in thinner touchscreens and brighter displays that help to improve the overall aesthetic design of smartphones and tablets. Additionally, both employ Synaptics' TDsync™ technology, virtually eliminating display noise and delivering best-in-class capacitive sensing performance.
- Best-in-Class Performance – Proprietary Synaptics TDsync technology synchronizes touch sensing and display driving to virtually eliminate display noise and offer best-in-class capacitive touch performance.
- Thinner Form Factors – Integration of the touch sensor into the display results in thinner form factors and improved industrial design.
- Brighter Displays – Fewer layers in the touchscreen results in a brighter display, or longer battery life for the same brightness.
- Lower System Cost – Reducing the number of components, eliminating lamination steps and increasing manufacturing yield lowers overall system cost for OEMs.
- Simplified Supply Chain – Sourcing touch and display from one manufacturer simplifies the supply chain for OEMs.
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics, TouchPad, ClearPad, ClickPad, ForcePad, SecurePad, ThinTouch, Natural ID, TypeGuard and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact:
Ann Minooka, Synaptics Inc.
Starlayne Meza, Text 100 Global Communications
SOURCE Synaptics Inc.