Tact turns a salesperson's connected device into an AI-powered smart assistant that automates administrative tasks and creates a frictionless selling experience. It does so by giving salespeople a more conversational and unified way to interact with their essential tools - phone, email, calendar, maps, LinkedIn, CRM and more - through an app, SMS or voice. This drives greater CRM adoption and sales productivity in the field, while delivering more accurate data and forecasts to managers.
The new funding will be used to accelerate the momentum that the company has already achieved in 2016, including:
- Adding Fortune 500 customers like GE, Kelly Services, and The AES Corporation
- Appointing its first Chief Revenue Officer, Trevor Rodrigues-Templar, former VP of Enterprise Sales who ran several of the largest revenue producing regions in North America; his teams closed several of the company's largest deals
- Opening its third office and more than doubled its headcount, adding senior level hires in Engineering, Finance and Sales
- Four-time winner of the Salesforce AppExchange App Demo Jam, and winner of the Gold Stevie® Award for Best Relationship Management Solution two years in a row
- Being named in the Sales Effectiveness and Sales Enablement category in The Gartner CRM Vendor Guide, 2016
- Receiving two new patents, with three additional patents pending
Leveraging the fundamental shift away from desktop computing, Tact's device-native, conversational architecture uniquely positions the company to upend CRM's most persistent problem and transform how people sell.
- "I worked with Chuck at Salesforce.com, and he's one of the most knowledgeable enterprise product leaders I know," said Mark Suster, Managing Partner of Upfront Ventures. "Beyond my respect for Chuck, what really persuaded me to write such a large check were my customer reference calls. Sales Ops leaders using Tact have seen weekly CRM usage rates go from 25% to north of 75% - it was a wow moment and a true testament to what the team is building."
- "Tact is revolutionizing how CRM tools are used with a next generation sales experience platform that integrates sales data, email, maps and calendars to improve the productivity of sales teams," said Nagraj Kashyap, corporate vice president, Microsoft Ventures. "Their deep expertise and robust platform aligns with our mobile-first, cloud first approach and we are excited to support Tact's efforts to drive digital transformation for CRM."
- "The tremendous growth we've had this year puts the company in a position to pioneer a new, more natural way for sales teams to work," said Chuck Ganapathi, Founder and CEO of Tact. "What's exciting to us is the shared vision we have with Mark and Microsoft Ventures to use conversational platforms to change the human experience with enterprise software."
Led by former Salesforce and Siebel executive Chuck Ganapathi, Tact is on a mission to make enterprise software more human-friendly. Tact's device-native, conversational platform is used by Fortune 500 companies to transform the daily sales experience in the field and maximize the value of their CRM investment. Based in Redwood City, Calif., Tact is a privately-held company, backed by Accel Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Upfront Ventures and Microsoft Ventures. For more information, visit tactile.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tact-secures-15-million-series-b-300376413.html