Taking a Trip This Summer? Don't Forget to Pack Your Most Important Travel Companion: Your Verizon Wireless Smartphone
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., June 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether taking a family road trip to a nearby attraction or embarking on an exotic beach vacation, customers can count on the apps offered on Verizon Wireless' extensive line-up of smartphones and the nation's largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network to keep summer travel fun and stress free.
Apps can help customers prepare for their journeys and enjoy their destinations when they arrive.
Making Travel Plans
- Kayak Flight and Hotel Search for Android devices and KAYAK for BlackBerry® help customers find great deals on hotels, flights, rental properties and cruises (available in Android Market™ and BlackBerry App World™).
- ZAGAT TO GO '10 gives customers access to the Web's most trusted guide to restaurant reviews and ratings from over 45 Zagat Guides covering dining, nightlife, hotels, and golf courses (available in Android Market for $9.99 and in BlackBerry App World for $19.99).
- TripAdvisor has the world's most trusted travel advice for locations all over the world, including hotel reviews and rates, restaurant information and tools to share experiences with other travelers (available in Palm App Catalog).
- Skype mobile™ gives customers the planet in their pockets, allowing them to make unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls to friends and family around the corner or around the world. Currently available on 12 different smartphones with additional handsets, including several 3G Multimedia phones, coming later this year (pricing and availability may vary by device).
Taking the Stress Out of Travel
- FlightStats for Android provides flight statuses, departures, arrivals, airport delays, and other flight and airport information (available for $4.99 in Android Market).
- VZ Navigator® Global provides maps and turn-by-turn directions for international destinations, ensuring that unfamiliar areas and road signs in different languages don't keep customers from arriving at their destinations (pricing and availability may vary by device).
- Checklist saves customers the time and stress of forgetting something at the last minute before they embark on their summer getaways and allows customers to create multiple lists and e-mail them for backup (available for $1 in Palm App Catalog).
Enjoying Time Away
- Urbanspoon gives customers a localized community of restaurant reviews and ratings (available in Android Market and BlackBerry App World).
- Geodelic for Android devices allows customers to effortlessly browse their locations to find java joints, banks, restaurants and other area businesses (available in Android Market).
- WeatherBug Elite helps customers with Palm smartphones stay up to date on weather conditions wherever they travel and alerts them to severe weather warnings based on their locations (pricing and availability may vary by device).
Customers can find these apps on Verizon Wireless' ever-expanding family of Android devices, including DROID Incredible by HTC, and on BlackBerry® and Palm® smartphones such as the BlackBerry Bold™ 9650 smartphone and Palm Pre™ Plus and Palm Pixi™ Plus.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
More by this Source
Verizon Wireless Ranked Highest In Missouri In J.D. Power 2014 Network Quality Study, Vol. 1
Mar 06, 2014, 14:30 ET
Verizon Wireless Network Provides Kansas Residents Coverage Where And When Customers Want It
Mar 05, 2014, 16:09 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.