SAN FRANCISCO, April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, TapSense, a leading mobile marketing platform, announces that it will offer recommendations and complimentary consulting to marketers following the end of Apple's acceptance of apps with UDID (Unique Device Identifier) on May 1st, 2013. This week, apps that collect UDID information will no longer be accepted by Apple, following major concerns and pressure from privacy advocates as UDID did not allow consumers to opt out from mobile ad tracking.
Gregory Kennedy, VP Marketing, TapSense comments: "It's great news that UDID is finally being phased out and marketers should be excited about the new IFA alternative, which has been available since the release of iOS 6 last year. For a long time, many advertisers have found themselves in a legal gray area as the compliance guidelines have been unclear. Marketers now have the clarity they have been looking for and we anticipate advertising on iOS to increase significantly because of this."
Apple's IFA alternative is built into iOS 6 and users can opt out of any tracking method by changing a setting at the device level. The device level solution also puts iOS ahead of the PC web, where legal compliance with ad tracking has to be handled on a site-by-site basis via cookies.
Now that Apple's IFA is available for marketers, TapSense offers the following tips on how to get the most out of app conversion tracking:
- Understand user Lifetime Value (LTV): Conversion tracking lets you understand an acquired user's LTV and focus on getting users who spend in your app.
- Avoid Software Development Kit (SDK) conflict: With one conversion tracking SDK in your app you can avoid the headaches of managing multiple SDKs.
- Work with multiple publishers: With conversion tracking in place you can easily work with new publishers, ad networks and other third parties.
- Acquisition deduplication: Don't pay twice for the same user from different networks. Conversion tracking attributes users to the right source.
- Focus on iOS: With the legal gray area surrounding UDID now clarified, you can track all your advertising campaigns with confidence.
- Get better ROI: With conversion tracking you can optimize your marketing by channel and creative to reduce your cost per acquisition.
- Improve your product: Follow users through the conversion funnel and identify the drop off points so your team can correct them.
- Get back to marketing: With Apple's IFA and the right conversion tracking in place, marketers can stop worrying about tech issues and get back to doing what they do best – marketing.
TapSense is happy to answer questions from marketers and provide consulting on how to make their analytics and mobile marketing work with Apple's IFA. Questions should be directed to email@example.com.
For more information on TapSense, please visit: http://www.tapsense.com
For more information or an interview with a senior TapSense executive, please contact:
TapSense creates tools to make mobile marketing simple. Their flagship product, M3 Cloud, is an enterprise platform that allows marketers to do conversion tracking, monitor multi-channel funnel analytics and optimize campaigns directly to revenue. TapSense boasts over 40 customers, including: Fab, Trulia, HotelTonight, Poshmark, Pocket Gems, and Tiny Co.
TapSense was founded in 2011 and is based in San Francisco, California.
To learn more, visit: www.tapsense.com