SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, hosts its first user conference, Axon Accelerate, this week in Phoenix. The user conference will bring together hundreds of Axon law enforcement customers, industry consultants, partners, and experts to share best practices and learn about emerging technology trends in law enforcement.
The 'Accelerate' theme highlights how quickly the technology landscape is changing. We are living in a world where the rate of change is increasing faster than at any time in human history, creating both enormous opportunities and significant risks. The Axon Accelerate user conference will help Axon customers navigate these changes through thought-provoking sessions. The various tracks will assess how the changing technology landscape fits against the most pressing needs of the public safety community and provide tips and best practices to ensure success.
"To have so many of our users and experts come together to learn from one another and exchange ideas is a notion that truly excites me," said TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith. "Accelerating takes time, intensity, and effort and with the help of our customers we can co-create breakthrough technologies that will fundamentally improve the safety and capabilities of the men and women of law enforcement."
Axon's Accelerate conference will cover topics from body cameras to the cloud and will offer best practices for getting the most out of the growing Axon platform. Customers will also have an opportunity to provide feedback on the Axon products. Over the two-day conference, attendees will join several sessions in the following tracks:
- Technology Track—Participants will learn about the technological considerations that go with body-worn cameras, from deciding between cloud and on-premises data storage to understanding cyber threats.
- Community Engagement Track—This track will focus on ways for law enforcement PIOs to effectively engage and educate a wide variety of stakeholders on their body-worn video program.
- Axon Instructor Track—Participants will gain hands-on experience with the Axon suite of products and prepare to effectively share their knowledge with others in their agencies.
- Executive Leadership Track—Participants will discuss legislation and policy initiatives that could have an impact on their body camera deployments.
- Prosecutor Track—District Attorneys will learn how to collaborate with their partners in law enforcement using Evidence.com as well as gaining insights into workflow processes and the state of body-worn cameras.
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform:
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to create safer communities.
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi to better track and manage data
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes silo'ed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Connected Ecosystem - From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- TASER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its conducted electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 167,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.taser.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser, www.twitter.com/taser_ir and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/taser-hosts-inaugural-user-conference-for-axon-customers-this-week-in-phoenix-300283324.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.