ANNAPOLIS, Md. and LONG BEACH, Calif., April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced the availability of its radiation-tolerant NAND flash memory device. Based on proven single-level cell NAND flash technology, the 8-gigabit, radiation-tolerant flash device provides affordable, reliable data storage capacity in space, military, medical and other harsh environments with potential exposure to radiation.
- The NAND flash memory device fills the space industry's need for low power, nonvolatile memory, suitable for use in satellites, launch vehicles, aircraft and other high-reliability environments.
- TCS' radiation-tolerant NAND flash memory device has passed rigorous testing to meet U.S. military and space-level requirements for high-reliability and durability.
- Configured as an asynchronous NAND flash, the device's high-density memory capacity consists of a single 8-gigabit (1024Mx8) die in a hermetically sealed 48-lead ceramic package.
- NAND is a major form of flash memory distinguished by its unique approach to logic function. Due to advantages in density and power over NOR flash, NAND flash is primarily used in main memory, USB flash drives, solid-state drives and similar products for general storage and transfer of data.
- Attendees of Space Tech Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center, April 1 – 3, are invited to stop by TCS Booth #4006 to meet TCS space technology experts and see the radiation-tolerant NAND flash. For more information, please visit: http://www.telecomsys.com/products/Space-and-Component-Technology/electronic-components/RadiationTolerantDevices.aspx
TCS serves the space community with high-reliability components and services essential to long-life spacecraft. TCS has performed total parts management for nearly every major space agency worldwide and has supplied components, parts and materials for more than 150 spacecraft manufactured in Europe, Asia and the Americas. TCS specializes in ultra-rugged solid-state drives for the most demanding environments, offering both customized and industry-standard configurations for military, aerospace and industrial applications.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Mike Bristol said: "TCS' radiation-tolerant NAND flash memory combines tested technology with value to meet the increasing need to store data in space. The harsh conditions under which these components must function require long-term reliability and stability; TCS' flash device meets those requirements consistently and economically to ensure our customers' satisfaction."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services, providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cybersecurity expertise, professional services and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.