TeleCommunication Systems Providing Cybersecurity Art of Exploitation® Courses Online Together with EC-Council's Center for Advanced Security Training Vendor-Agnostic Courseware Addresses Cybersecurity Skills Gap
ANNAPOLIS, Md., May 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced availability of its cyber training courseware in partnership with the International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council), creators of the Certified Ethical Hacker to address the growing need for performance based, vendor-agnostic cybersecurity training.
- A Frost and Sullivan study says that more than 700,000 new information security professionals are needed in the Americas by 2015. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates there will be 295,000 new IT jobs created in the U.S. between 2008 and 2018, many of which will require cybersecurity expertise.
- EC-Council's Center for Advanced Security Training (CAST) was created for mapping security professionals' current cyber skills to role-based competencies. It includes robust, hands-on lab exercises for understanding technical skills needed to identify weaknesses and harden systems
- A special set of CAST classes will be powered by TCS' Art of Exploitation integrated with TCS' PerformanScore™ skill development and validation tool for skill gap analysis and performance-based testing.
- Initially, two CAST Titles will be available:
- CAST 621 Digital Media Forensics I
- CAST 622 Digital Media Forensics II
- By the end of June 2014, four additional CAST Titles will be available :
- CAST 618 Network Exploitation Concepts and Methods
- CAST 619 Network Forensics: Identifying and Correlating Incidents
- CAST 620 Packet and Traffic Analysis
- CAST 623 Understanding Machine Assembly Language
- A total of 20 TCS-produced CAST Titles will be available by early 2015.
- EC-Council's Certification programs are offered in over 90 countries, and EC-Council has trained over 100,000 individuals and certified more than 60,000 members.
TCS Art of Exploitation is focused training in penetration testing, forensics-defend strategies, vulnerability analysis and ethical hacking. It brings together many of the brightest minds in security as a forum for research, collaboration and building next-generation technologies to protect critical networks. Students learn and experience computer network operations and forensics in a safe and reliable environment and have the opportunity to build on and advance the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in their chosen career paths. To learn more about CAST and the Art of Exploitation contact Dan Callahan.
TCS Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Drew Morin said: "The field of cybersecurity is constantly expanding, with more systems to secure and more vectors criminals can use to attack. There is a growing demand for vendor-agnostic training that informs IT professionals as to issues and trends in cybersecurity. EC-Council is a leader in information security certification and education, and our new courses provide participants with the right mix of skills, knowledge and hands-on experience for a clear advantage in the job market."
EC-Council Vice President, North America Steve Graham said: "Given the rapid and continuous evolution of threats, the need for well-trained cybersecurity professionals will only increase. Employers need to be sure the people they hire to protect their critical IT infrastructure have the right training and skills to safeguard this critical component of their operation. With years of focused experience in training government and enterprise security professionals, TCS is an exceptionally well-qualified partner as developer of these courses to train the cyber workforce of today and tomorrow."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cybersecurity expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.