The Adrienne Shelly Foundation Launches 6th Annual "A-List" Celebrity eBay Auction to Support Women Filmmakers
From Jon Hamm, Paul Rudd and Jason Segel to Michelle Williams, Rosario Dawson and Sarah Silverman, the Stars Offer Themselves up as "Lunch Dates" to Benefit ASF. Set Visits, VIP Tickets, Concerts with Backstage Meet & Greets Also Offered
NEW YORK, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Adrienne Shelly Foundation (ASF), a non-profit organization dedicated to the memory of adored actor, writer and director Adrienne Shelly (WAITRESS), announced today the launch of its 6th annual eBay Celebrity Auction to raise funds for its nine annual grants which support women filmmakers.
"The work that the Adrienne Shelly Foundation has done over the past six years is really remarkable and I'm proud to support such an important organization working hard to help women filmmakers everywhere achieve their dreams," said three-time Oscar-nominated and Golden Globe Award-winning actor Michelle Williams, who's participating in her third ASF auction.
The auction of 60 items features once-in-a-lifetime celebrity experiences including:
- Exclusive lunches with celebrities including Paul Rudd, Michelle Williams, Jon Hamm, Keri Russell, Rosario Dawson, Sarah Silverman, Julianna Margulies, Lorraine Bracco, Jason Segel, Cheryl Hines & Jeremy Sisto, John Slattery, Mark Cuban, Rachael Harris & Angela Kinsey, Sam Waterston, Edward Burns, Meredith Vieira, Bill Hader, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens
- Yoga Class and Tea with Alanis Morissette
- Set visits and meet & greets to TV shows such as The Newsroom, Community, NCIS, Dallas, Today Show, Good Morning America
- VIP ticket packages with meet & greets to a variety of shows and performances including Dar Williams, Broadway's GRACE, Broadway's EVITA, Joan Rivers, Wrap Up Show
- Birthday call from BONES stars Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz
- VIP tickets to attend Two and a Half Men, Letterman, The Soup, Fashion Police, Chelsea Lately, Real Time with Bill Maher, Rachael Ray, Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report
- Passes and tickets to Sundance Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival Red Carpet Premiere, LA Film Festival Red Carpet Premiere
- Script Consultations with Producer and SF Film Society Executive Director Ted Hope and Filmmaker Nicole Holofcener
"We are grateful for the many loyal celebrity friends and supporters who believe in ASF's mission of supporting women filmmakers while keeping Adrienne's memory and spirit alive," said ASF founder and executive Director Andy Ostroy, who is also Adrienne's widower. "The auction celebrates Adrienne's legacy and generates substantial revenue which provides us a critical source of funds to support female filmmakers."
A full list of items can be viewed at www.ebay.com/asfoundation and will be available for auction from December 3-December 13. All proceeds from the eBay auction will go toward ASF's mission of providing women with film school scholarships, production grants, finishing funds and living stipends.
About The Adrienne Shelly Foundation
Formed in January 2007, the Adrienne Shelly Foundation supports the artistic achievements of female filmmakers through a series of scholarships and grants, distributed through partnerships with Women in Film, IFP, Nantucket Film Festival, Sundance Institute, Tribeca Film Institute, Columbia University, Boston University, Rooftop Films and American Film Institute. Since its inception, it has awarded over forty grants. For more information and to make a donation, please visit www.adrienneshellyfoundation.org.
SOURCE The Adrienne Shelly Foundation
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.