COLOGNE, Germany, Sept. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic is proud to introduce the LUMIX LX10, the ultimate compact camera, as the latest addition to the popular LX Series. The new LUMIX LX10 boasts the newly developed F1.4 high-speed LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens and the large, 1-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor with 20.1-megapixel resolution. LUMIX LX10 performance has been enhanced by integrating a 4K video recording capability*1 and advanced functions for creative use in a sleek, compact body.
The LUMIX LX10's LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens features a fast F1.4-2.8 aperture (35mm camera equivalent: 24-72mm) with an aperture ring that allows direct, intuitive control of the aperture to take maximum advantage of this high-speed lens. Stunning macro shots with intricate detail can be taken with a minimum working distance of 3 cm.
The 1-inch MOS Sensor enables high-quality image recording with extraordinary detail. The combination of the High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and a Venus Engine achieves a maximum ISO 12,800 high sensitivity recording with high picture quality that goes beyond the limits of compact digital cameras. For even faster response and higher mobility, the LUMIX LX10 boasts a high-speed, high-precision AF with DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology*2, which shortens the focusing time. It calculates the distance to the subject by evaluating two images with different sharpness levels at a high 240 fps signal exchange speed. As a result, the LUMIX LX10 achieves an ultrahigh-speed AF of approx. 0.12 sec*3. This benefit increases as the focal length grows. The LUMIX LX10 offers high-speed burst shooting at 10 fps (AFS) / 6 fps (AFC) to capture fast-moving subjects in crisp focus. Thanks to the touch-control system, users can focus quickly right on the subject and even release the shutter with touch operation to capture fleeting photo opportunities.
The LUMIX LX10 records smooth, high-resolution QFHD 4K videos in 3840x2160 at 30p(60Hz) or 24p in MP4. Taking advantage of 4K technology, users can enjoy 4K PHOTO shots and a variety of derivative functions, such as the new Focus Stacking, Post Focus, Light Composition, and 4K Live Cropping. For more creative freedom, Creative Control, Creative Panorama and Photo Style options are available. The LUMIX LX10 is capable of shooting images in RAW format and developing them inside the camera.
The LUMIX LX10 integrates a 180-degree tiltable 1,040K-dot rear monitor with touch-control system. Equipped with a built-in lens cover, the seamless metallic profile features a stylish ring and dial of curved aluminum. It achieves both high-quality look and intuitive operation.
The 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus)*4 offers a versatile angle of view while suppressing handshake in both photo and video recording. The LUMIX LX10 also includes Wi-Fi® connectivity to offer a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation.
The new Panasonic LUMIX LX10 packs an exceptional F1.4 high-speed lens and large, 1-inch MOS sensor in a sleek, stylish pocket-sized body to stimulate creativity anytime, anyplace as the ultimate compact camera with high-quality photos and videos.
*1 Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 15 minutes with [MP4] in [4K]
*2 Works for still image recording.
*3 At wide-end, AFS, 1-Area AF, Live View mode 60fps, based on the CIPA standard.
*4 5-axis compensation works in video recording except for 4K video recording.
1. New F1.4-2.8 / 24-72mm LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens
Panasonic newly developed the F1.4-2.8 LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens system with 3x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 24-72mm) and an aperture ring. The lens unit boasts high-speed F1.4 and F2.8 even at the tele-end. It enables high-speed shutter release to capture clear, sharp images even in low-lit situations as well as giving a beautiful defocus to the background to make the subject stand out for impressive photos and videos.
The lens unit consists of 11 elements in 9 groups, including 6 dual-sided aspherical lenses and low-dispersion lenses adopted for two of them to adjust axial chromatic aberration, achieving high-speed F1.4. The use of 6 aspherical lenses and optimization of the optical design achieve beautiful, smooth defocusing with an invisible edge line, and the onion ring effect is suppressed by Panasonic's unique aspherical lens mold technology. In addition, a newly adopted 9-blade aperture diaphragm helps to produce bokeh effects with a smooth, circular shape. In addition, 6 groups of lenses are driven independently, which helps to downsize the lens barrel.
2. 1-inch large 20-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
The LUMIX LX10 incorporates a large, 1-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor with 20.1-megapixel high resolution. The 1-inch sensor is 3 times larger than the LX7's 1/1.7-inch sensor (multi-aspect). The rich amount of light helps to produce impressive defocusing with shallow depth of field.
The image processor Venus Engine dramatically boosts performance with a new quad-core CPU that enables the high-speed signal processing required for rich video recording such as 4K. Advanced Multi-process NR (Noise Reduction) applies effective noise reduction and detail processing to each component frequency. Plus, a newly added Random Filter granulates chromatic noise to blend it into the image even more naturally. As a result, a max. ISO 12,800 is achieved. The aperture filter is capable of controlling a wider frequency range. It adjusts the amount of sharpness according to the frequency level, achieving rich depth. The Venus Engine also improves color reproduction with the accurate evaluation of each color even it is similar not only in color phase but also in saturation and luminosity.
The combination of the large MOS Sensor and the Venus Engine dramatically reduces noise and improves S/N ratio, to allow shooting at ISO 12,800. It achieves stunning picture quality going beyond the limits of compact digital cameras.
*1 Sensor total pixel is 20.9-megapixel.
3. 4K capability brings evolution to videography/photography – 4K video and 4K PHOTO
The LUMIX LX10 records stunningly smooth, high-resolution QFHD 4K videos in 3840x2160 at 30p (60Hz) or 24p in MP4*1*2 in addition to Full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60p (60Hz) videos in AVCHD Progressive or MP4 (MPEG-4 / H.264) format with practical full-time AF.
Taking advantage of 4K technology, users can enjoy 4K PHOTO shots with the LUMIX LX10. With 4K PHOTO, users can capture the fleeting photo opportunities at 30 fps by extracting the best frame from a 4K burst file to save as a photo. Plus, multiple images can be automatically saved as 4K PHOTO shots all at once in the LUMIX LX10. A maximum of 150 frames in five seconds can be saved following a designated frame.
In addition to these, the LUMIX LX10 also enables 4K Live Cropping in video recording that achieves stable panning or zooming in video recording. Thanks to its digital operation, panning and zooming images are smooth because it does not physically move the zoom lens. Users can make a perfect Full-HD video by adding impressive effects after recording the original footage in 4K.
*1 About motion picture recording / 4K PHOTO recording
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] or [4K PHOTO].
(SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds with [AVCHD] in [FHD/60p] [FHD/60i].
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 15 minutes with [MP4] in [4K].
- When using an SDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When using an SDXC memory card: You can record a motion picture in a single file.
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds with [MP4] in [FHD/60p] and High Speed motion pictures. You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [FHD/30p] [HD]: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB or 30 minutes in length, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
*2 Max.29 min 59 sec.
4. Advanced macro shooting for creative freedom
The LUMIX LX10 excels in macro shooting capabilities thanks to Panasonic's cutting-edge optical/digital technologies. Stunning macro shots with intricate detail can be taken with a minimum working distance of 3 cm (wide).
The LUMIX LX10 also comes with the Post Focus function, which enables users to select the in-focus area even after shooting. This is helpful especially in macro shooting where strict focusing is required or for changing expressions by changing the focused subject. This function has been developed by combining the high-speed, high-precision DFD (Depth From Defocus) auto focus technology with 4K technology.
The newly integrated Focus Stacking function allows users to adjust the depth of field after shooting by combining multiple images shot with the Post Focus function inside the camera. Strict focusing is not required during shooting as the user can get the desired image by defocusing or by pan-focusing the image by simply selecting the focus area after shooting. This is beneficial when shooting macro shots of insects, small accessories and so on.
In addition, the LUMIX LX10 incorporates a Light Composition function in the 4K PHOTO mode. The camera synthesizes images by choosing and saving brighter pixels. This makes it easy to produce luxurious, dramatic images of situations such as fireworks or night scenes inside the camera.
5. Other features
- 3-inch 1,040K-dot tiltable rear monitor with touch control
The LUMIX LX10 features a large, 3-inch 1,040K-dot rear monitor that tilts upward 180 degrees, making it easy to take selfies or low-angle shots. Users can make themselves look more attractive by applying special selfie modes, such as Soft Skin or Slimming.
- Focus Bracket / Aperture Bracket
In addition to the conventional exposure bracket and white balance bracket, the LUMIX LX10 newly incorporates a focus bracket and aperture bracket.
- High Speed Video at max.120 fps
High Speed Video records subjects with fast motion at 120fps (60Hz / FHD) , while Time Lapse and Stop Motion Animation are also available.
- 5-Axis Hybrid O.I.S. +
5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. + (Five Axis Optical Image Stabilizer Plus)* is available for stable video recording. 5-Axis correction effectively compensates for handshake occurring in virtually any direction. POWER O.I.S. works for photo shooting.
* 5-Axis compensation does not work in video recording except for 4K video recording.
- Creative Control filter options
The LUMIX LX10 combines a variety of artistic functions that add fun to digital photography. The popular Creative Control (Filter) features a total of 22 filter options. These filters can be applied even in P/A/S/M mode. Users can combine their favorite settings and filters to make desired images.
With the Creative Panorama function, it is possible to shoot a horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture and adding 18 filter effects. Photo Style, which changes the texture of the photo, is also upgraded with the inclusion of a Monochrome Filter (Ye/Or/R/G) for more expressive monochrome photography
- RAW development inside the camera
The LUMIX LX10 is capable of developing RAW images inside the camera. In addition to the color space setting (sRGB/ AdobeRGB), the parameters for white balance, exposure compensation, contrast, highlight/shadow, saturation, noise reduction, and sharpness can be flexibly adjusted and LUMIX's Photo Style, Intelligent D-range Control, and Intelligent Resolution can also be applied.
- Easy Wireless Connectivity via Wi-Fi® with Smartphones
The LUMIX LX10 integrates Wi-Fi® connectivity (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) to provide a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation. Once connecting the camera and smartphone/tablet installing Panasonic's dedicated application Panasonic Image App for iOS / Android, users can shoot / browse / share images remotely. Users can upload the images to a variety of social media services right on the spot.
- AC/USB Power Charging
The camera's battery can be recharged either via AC or USB according to the users' convenience.
The LX10 will be available in November at www.shop.panasonic.com and valued channel partners for $699.99.
- The "AVCHD" is a high definition (HD) digital video recording / playback format jointly established by Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
- "AVCHD Progressive", "AVCHD", the "AVCHD Progressive" Logo and the "AVCHD" Logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
- Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
- This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC/SDXC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
- SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
- If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
- http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/information/SDXC.html[Open New Window]
- Some accessories are not available in some countries.
- The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including products from VIERA Life+ Screens, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Beauty, Grooming, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. In Interbrand's 2014 annual "Best Global Green Brands" report, Panasonic ranked number five overall and the top electronics brand in the report. To learn more about our products, visit panasonic.com. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicUSA; additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-ultimate-compact-camera-for-creative-photographers-lumix-lx10-with-20-megapixel-1-inch-sensor-and-f14-leica-dc-vario-summilux-lens-300329806.html