DALLAS, June 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's lowest power wideband radio frequency (RF) synthesizer. Covering up to 1.34 GHz, the LMX2571 integrates an ultra-low-noise PLLatinum™ fractional-N phase-locked loop (PLL) with a multicore voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO), enabling low phase noise and spurs at only 39 mA (128 mW). The LMX2571 enhances radio sensitivity and dynamic range for applications such as low-power wireless communication, handheld oscilloscopes and signal analyzers. An integrated frequency modulator enables the user to directly modulate the carrier to produce analog frequency modulation (FM) or frequency-shift-keying (FSK), benefiting portable wireless applications such as land mobile radios, software-defined radios and wireless microphones.
The LMX2571 is the first RF synthesizer in the industry with an integrated feature to remove integer boundary spurs (IBS), allowing designers to eliminate spurious emissions and maximize use of radio channels in their wireless systems. For more information about this RF synthesizer, see www.ti.com/lmx2571-pr.
Key features and benefits of the LMX2571 RF synthesizer
- Low operating power: Low power consumption of 39 mA (128 mW) supports battery-powered applications such as land mobile radios as well as portable test and measurement equipment.
- Low-noise PLLatinum fractional-N PLL: PLL noise figure-of-merit (FOM) of -231 dBc/Hz, eight times better than the competition, enhances receiver sensitivity.
- Flexible frequency modulation: An integrated FSK modulator with an easy-to-use I2S interface provides flexibility and performance. The FSK modulator meets the telecommunications standards of the European Telecommunications Standard Institute (ETSI) standards for wireless microphones and land mobile radios.
- Low spurious emissions: New spur removal technique can eliminate IBS, allowing engineers to maximize use of the radio channels in their designs.
- High level of integration: Integration of low-dropout regulators (LDOs), a 5-V charge pump, and a fast transmit/receive (TRx) switch reduces bill of materials and solution footprint.
Tools and support to speed design Engineers can quickly and easily evaluate the performance of the LMX2571 RF synthesizer with the LMX2571EVM evaluation module (EVM), available today for US$249 from the TI store and authorized distributors.
TI's WEBENCH® Clock Architect online design tool simplifies the design process for the LMX2571 as well as TI's other clock and timing devices. The tool can recommend a single- or multiple-device clock tree solution from a broad database of devices to meet system requirements. It features PLL loop filter design, phase noise simulation, and the ability for designers to optimize clock tree design for their performance and cost requirements.
Support is available in the TI E2E™ Community Clocks and Timing forum, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Package, availability and pricing The LMX2571 PLLatinum RF synthesizer is available today in a 6-mm-by-6-mm quad flat no-leads (QNF) package for the price of US$5.50 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's RF synthesizer portfolio
- View the datasheet for the LMX2571.
- Read the PLL Performance Simulation and Design Handbook.
- Watch the demonstration video for the LMX2571.
- Read what TI experts have to say on the Analog Wire blog.
- See TI's entire portfolio of high-performance, low-jitter clock and timing ICs.
About award-winning WEBENCH® tools from Texas Instruments WEBENCH Designer and Architect are the industry's only online tools that enable end-to-end circuit design, simulation, optimization for footprint, price and efficiency, and download of schematic and PCB layout files directly into CAD tools. Component libraries include more than 40,000 components from 120 manufacturers, and price and availability are updated hourly by TI's distribution partners. Offered in eight languages, the user can compare complete system designs and make supply chain decisions in minutes. Click to start a cost-free design.
Texas Instruments Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Trademarks WEBENCH is a registered trademark, and PLLatinum and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments