DALLAS, June 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a reinforced isolated amplifier with the highest reliability, lowest power consumption, highest DC accuracy and improved overall efficiency compared to competitive devices. The AMC1301 is the newest addition to TI's reinforced isolation portfolio, which features the industry's highest working voltage specifications. With the lowest offset drift of 3 uV/C over the widest temperature range, -40C to 125C, the AMC1301 delivers the most accurate solution for shunt-based current sensing in high-voltage equipment, such as industrial motor drives, solar inverters, battery management systems and uninterruptible power supplies. For more information, see www.ti.com/amc1301-pr.
Key features and benefits
- Highest reliability and longer lifespan: The AMC1301 is the industry's first isolated amplifier with a working breakdown voltage of 1,000 Vrms for a minimum insulation barrier lifetime of 64 years, which exceeds VDE0884-10 requirements. Like all of the isolated devices in TI's portfolio, the AMC1301 has no relevant lifetime degradation, unlike optical components.
- Lowest power consumption: At 55 percent less high-side supply current and 45 percent less low-side supply current than competitive devices, the isolated amplifier improves power efficiency, simplifies power supply design and reduces thermal drift issues for a more efficient system design and improved performance.
- Highest DC accuracy: With the lowest offset error maximum of 200 uV, the lowest offset drift and the best linearity of 0.03 percent, the AMC1301 enables engineers to design the most accurate system using an isolated amplifier over the widest temperature range, without having to compensate for DC and temperature drift errors.
Tools and support to ease design
TI offers the following tools to help designers quickly select, evaluate and design with the new AMC1301 reinforced isolated amplifier:
- A TINA-TI™ SPICE model and TINA-TI reference design are available for the AMC1301 to help designers verify board-level signal-integrity requirements.
- The AMC1301EVM evaluation module (EVM) is priced at US$49 and enables engineers to quickly and easily evaluate device features and performance to help speed time to market.
- A TI Designs reference design is available, which allows designers to use the AMC1301 to jump-start design of a cost-efficient reinforced isolated power stage in three-phase inverters, with the benefits of reduced power supply requirements and protection against DC bus under- and over-voltage.
- Technical support for the AMC1301 is available in the TI E2E™ Community Precision Amplifier forum, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Package, availability and pricing
The AMC1301 is available today in a 5.85-mm-by-7.5-mm small outline integrated circuit (SOIC) package for US$2.90 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Optimize reinforced isolation design
For motor control or solar inverters, which require a signal and power across the isolation barrier, and a small form factor, the AMC1301 can be paired with TI's SN6505B, the industry's smallest transformer driver, to simplify isolated system design.
When used in conjunction with an isolated power supply, such as the LM5017 100-V dual-output DC/DC Fly-Buck™ converter, the AMC1301 prevents noise currents on a high common-mode voltage line from entering the local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry.
The AMC1301 joins TI's broad isolation portfolio which combines highest isolation and performance for next-generation industrial and automotive systems that demand the highest voltages, reliability, immunity and performance.
Learn more from TI's reinforced isolation experts
- Watch the "Industry isolation standards and the AMC1301 reinforced isolated amplifier" video to learn more about reinforced isolation.
- Read the blog post, "Reinforced Isolation: When 1 is greater than 2" for more information on reinforced isolation basics.
- Download the Isolation Glossary to learn common isolation terminology.
- Read the white paper, "High-voltage reinforced isolation: Definitions and test methodologies" to learn more about high-voltage isolation.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog integrated circuits and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E and TINA-TI are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ti-introduces-the-industrys-highest-performing-reinforced-isolated-amplifier-300290833.html
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated