Tis the Season to be Sporty
LONDON, August 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Take the Activity on Tour This Summer With G Adventures -
We've had football, tennis, cycling and today the biggest multi-sport event in the world kicks off, ensuring 2012 is the biggest summer of sport on record.
For those spurred on to carry the action over into their holidays this year,
G Adventures has a range of cycling, trekking or kayaking activity trips, and a number of multisport trips incorporating all three activities.
Here G Adventures tips its top five activity-based trips for 2012:
- Brazil Hike, Bike & Kayak - Brazil will be placed firmly in the spotlight as the next Olympic host nation, so why not get there before everyone else. A highlight of this trip is cycling through the beaches on remote IIha Grande, which is without cars or roads. A 12-day trip is priced from £1,699*pp for departures from and returning to Rio de Janeiro in October 2012 and March, May, July and August, 2013.
- China Adventure - Starting in Beijing, home of the last Olympics, this bike-based trip cycles through rice fields, includes a trek along a little-known part of the Great Wall of China and visits the Shaolin Monastery, the birthplace of kung fu. A 15-day China Adventure from Beijing to Hong Kong is priced from £999pp departing from August to October 2012 and March to October 2013.
- Cycle Cuba - Cycling Cuba's back roads gives travellers a true sense of Cuba, including a tour of a tobacco plantation and cigar factory for a taste of iconic Cuban culture. An eight-day Cycle Cuba trip is priced from £649pp departing year-round.
- Everest Base Camp - This is the best trekking route in the best trekking destination, with views of Everest all the way along the trail. A 15-day trek to Everest Base Camp is priced from £749pp departing from October 2012 - June 2013.
- Northern Spain by Bike - Encounter the beauty of Catalunya's countryside and its rustic towns on this compact and active bike tour. Designed for the weekend cyclist, this itinerary is challenging enough to get the heart pumping but comfortable enough to appreciate stunning the Mediterranean coastlines of the Pyrenees. Priced from £899pp for an eight-day trip departing and returning to Barcelona. Departing in September 2012 and May, June and July 2013.
* Prices exclude flights, for inclusions please see links above.
About G Adventures
G Adventures is an adventure-travel pioneer offering the widest selection of affordable small-group tours, safaris and expeditions to more than 100 countries. Powered by an international team of passionate travellers, the award-winning trips embrace authentic accommodation, exotic cuisine and local transport to put travellers on a first-name basis with the planet's people, cultures, landscapes and wildlife. The intimate, authentic and sustainable approach to small-group travel introduces travellers to the highlights of a destination while offering the freedom to explore it on their own. Whatever age, interest, ability or budget, G Adventures has a genuine life-changing experience. For more information please visit http://www.gadventures.com.
For more information please call 0844-272-2040 or visit http://www.gadventures.com
More by this Source
G Adventures Seeks Global Ideas to Solve Local Issues
Apr 10, 2013, 06:18 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.