Top Speakers from Utility, Government and Industry Gather at GridWeek 2012, Leading Smart Grid Conference GridWeek draws 100+ Smart Grid speakers and implementers from around the world.
WASHINGTON, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Utility leaders. Policymakers. Industry trailblazers. They're all gathering at the sixth annual GridWeek, shaping discussions around how to achieve stakeholder value from an increasingly complex Smart Grid, October 2-4 in Washington, D.C.
"GridWeek consistently delivers the best speakers and industry dialogue out of the many Smart Grid conferences I attend annually," said Chris Eisenbrey, Director, Business Information, Edison Electric Institute (EEI). "Sharing industry best practices, case studies, and lessons from the field, the speakers generate meaningful discussions that are critical for navigating the complex Smart Grid landscape and moving the industry forward."
Featured speakers and keynotes include:
- David Sandalow, Under Secretary for Energy and Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- Thomas H. Graham, President, Pepco Region, Pepco Holdings, Inc.
- Mickey McManus, President and CEO, MAYA Design, Inc.
- Patrick Gallagher, Director, NIST.
- Larry Bekkedahl, Deputy Senior Vice President, Bonneville Power Administration.
- Nick Sinai, Senior Advisor to the CTO, OSTP, White House.
- Thomas Kuhn, President, EEI.
- Evan Gaddis, President & CEO, NEMA.
- Lee Krevat, Director, Smart Grid, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E).
- Doug Kim, Director, Advanced Technology, Southern California Edison (SCE).
- Ahmad Faruqui, Principal, The Brattle Group.
- Suedeen Kelly, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP.
- See full list.
As grid-modernization and Smart Grid efforts provide the energy industry with more information, a broader system view, and more efficiency and control, Smart Grid and energy stakeholders are faced with increasing complexity. Speakers and participants of GridWeek 2012 will tackle the challenge of achieving value from complexity -- for all stakeholders.
Responsible for shaping GridWeek dialogue and speaker selection is a 12-member advisory board comprised of representatives from GridWeek's major partners, including an industry cross section of key government and private stakeholders.
Clasma Events, Inc. specializes in strategic conferences at the center of the worldwide energy discussion: ConnectivityWeek, GridWeek, Grid-Interop, and GridSec.
Clasma, GridWeek, ConnectivityWeek, Grid-Interop, and GridSec are trademarks or registered trademarks of Clasma Events Inc. Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Clasma Events, Inc.