UCedge 2.6 enhancements include:
- Group IM Enhancements: Based on customer feedback, several Group Instant Messaging (IM) features have been added, including:
- Enable Group View: Users can open multiple Groups (such as Sales or Product Management, for example) simultaneously to show and continuously scroll the contacts in each Group.
- Initiate Group IM/Broadcast From Group: Users can initiate a Group IM and/or broadcast to the group by simply tapping the Group name, which changes the screen, allowing the user to start a session and/or send a broadcast message to the entire Group.
- Show Group IM Participants: A list of all participants in the Group IM is easily viewed by simply tapping the area labeled Group IM Participants.
- Oak Call Recorder Integration: Call Recordings can now be started, stopped, bookmarked and forwarded via Toshiba UCedge application running on iOS and Android mobile devices, Windows PCs and Mac computers, as well as Toshiba's earlier Call Manager client that runs on a Windows PC. With this integration, a business can continue to monitor all calls, including those made and received on a user's smartphone to ensure that these calls are meeting necessary regulatory compliance guidelines and that clients are receiving efficient and professional service.
- Softphone Trial License: With UCedge 2.6, the Softphone feature is included in the trial license, allowing users to experience one of the key UCedge benefits — the convenience of using their mobile devices as their office extensions to make and receive calls through the Toshiba phone system over a low-cost corporate Wi-Fi connection.
- Fly-over Text for Icons: To help users utilize the UCedge command icons, flyover text (either via hovering the mouse over the icon or tapping on the icon) displays a description of the functionality.
With UCedge, users can simultaneously log-in from up to three different devices, such as a mobile phone, tablet and laptop (only one license required). UCedge 2.6 enhancements are designed to improve cloud synchronization and the user experience across all registered devices. Benefits include:
- The Cloud Sync feature now includes Call Notes so that user notes made during or after a call are shown on all other user devices. In addition, voice mail settings are now shared among multiple devices, eliminating the need for re-entry.
- When there are multiple phone entries, such as for a business phone, mobile phone or home phone, UCedge now displays a label (work, mobile, home) next to each phone number.
- The All Contact view now shows presence information with a text label so that the user can understand the status more easily.
Compatibility & Licensing
UCedge is compatible with Toshiba's VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution, IPedge® on-site Unified Communications system and Strata® CIX systems with an IPedge Application Server, all networking compatible within Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud solution. The UCedge agent and supervisor features require the Toshiba Contact Center Solution running with one or more of these networked Toshiba telephone systems.
For Windows and Mac computers, click here.
For Android devices, click here.
For Apple® iPhone® and iPad® devices, click here.
For more information, contact an Authorized Toshiba Dealer at www.telecom.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the six business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into three focus business fields: Energy that sustains everyday life, that is cleaner and safer; Infrastructure that sustains quality of life; and Storage that sustains the advanced information society. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future," Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of 550 consolidated companies employing 188,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 5.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) (as of March 31, 2016).
To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For additional information, or to purchase Toshiba telecommunication products, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com for an Authorized Toshiba Dealer.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2016 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact:
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150408/197413LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/toshiba-enhances-user-experience-with-new-ucedge-application-release-300369845.html
SOURCE Toshiba America Information Systems - Telecommunication Systems Division