SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? According to Travel-Ticker.com's recent 2012 Traveler Intentions survey*, 43 percent selected Italy as their top dream vacation destination, followed by Australia (38 percent) and England (27 percent). However, travelers are savvier than ever and knowing where they want to go is only part of their dream travel equation.
Although travelers have their top destination in mind, with over 50 percent of respondents wanting to go somewhere in Europe, the survey also revealed that most are willing to trade off their dream destination in order to save money. Seventy percent of respondents stated that they are open to various destinations for their next trip, and would let deals and discounts drive their final travel decision. This suggests that people have a list of several places they'd like to visit, and are willing to put off their number one choice until the price and timing is right. This money-saving strategy is one Travel-Ticker has always recommended, and it appears that travelers adopting it for the New Year.
"Travel-Ticker.com always aims to provide the best deals and experiences for travelers, and the first place we start is by asking our consumers directly where they want to go," said L. Jasmine Kim, general manager of Travel-Ticker.com. "Staying on the cutting edge of hot destinations helps us to craft deals that turn travel dreams into travel reality. However, if you're like many of us and have a big list of places you'd love to go, we also recommend letting the deal be the inspiration in order to save the most on your next getaway. It's clear from our 2012 Traveler Intentions Survey that folks are catching on to the benefit of that mindset."
Below are the top five dream destinations as voted in the 2012 Traveler Intentions Survey and deal examples from Travel-Ticker.com that will inspire travelers to get up and go this year:
- Deal Example: Peak-season Italy tour: air + hotels in 3 cities from $2,499: Save $340 on a complete 9-day Italy vacation that includes flights, 4-star hotels, guided tours, and meals from $2,499. Travel select dates, including peak season, April-October 2012.
- Italy Evergreen Deal Link: http://www.travel-ticker.com/Italy
- Deal Example: 43% off Australia trip with air and 5-star hotels -- $2,999: The ultimate 5-star experience at half the price. Grab your mate and get a flight, transfers, and 5-star stays on Hayman Island (Great barrier Reef) and Sydney (at the Four Seasons) for $2,999 each. Travel February 1 – June 30, 2012.
- Australia Evergreen Deal Link: http://www.travel-ticker.com/sitemap#destinations
- Deal Example: 8-Day Affordable Britain : 8-day trip with air, luxury accommodation & all transfers – from $1799: Get a flight and experience first class accommodations in London, Bristol, Liverpool and Edinburgh from an incredible $1799. Valid on select dates throughout peak season, April – October 2012.
- England Evergreen Deal Link: http://www.travel-ticker.com/United-Kingdom
- Deal Example: Bahamas: air + 3 nights at 4-star beach resort, from $199: Get a flight to Grand Bahama Island and stay 3 nights at Grand Lucayan, a Radisson Resort for as little as $199. Travel January 2-February 29 (yep, peak season).
- Bahamas Evergreen Deal Link: http://www.travel-ticker.com/Bahamas
- Deal Example: France: 9-day tour w/air, hotel, meals, transfers, $1,999+: A bit of Paris, a bit of the countryside -- a whole lot saved. Get a round-trip flight, 7 nights at hotels in three cities, guided tours, transfers, and meals from $1,999. Valid select dates, March 31-October 20.
- France Evergreen Deal Link: http://www.travel-ticker.com/France
To stay in-the-know on the latest travel deals, be sure to sign-up for Travel-Ticker's weekly newsletter which highlights the top 20 deals each week: http://www.travel-ticker.com/signin
*The Travel-Ticker Traveler Intentions Survey was conducted from November 14 through November 22, 2011, online among Travel-Ticker users, with 2,301 completed responses. More information on the survey is available upon request.
Prices are per person or per night, based on availability, and do not include additional taxes and fees. Other restrictions may apply. Please see website for more details.
Travel-Ticker is an online inspirational travel website that is home to some of the best handpicked, insider deals at many of the world's favorite destinations. With an ear to the ground and an eye for the unique, Travel-Ticker's experts provide users with a geo-targeted platform and a weekly newsletter to browse for researched travel bargains, the latest travel trends, and editorial insight. Travel-Ticker is an independent business unit of The Hotwire Group. For more information, visit us at www.travel-ticker.com and join us on Twitter (@travel_ticker) and Facebook. In addition to Travel-Ticker, The Hotwire Group of websites includes: www.hotwire.com, www.travel-ticker.com and www.carrentals.com.
Travel Ticker and the Travel-Ticker logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2011 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. CST# 2053390-40