Trend Micro Enhances Complete User Protection Solution to Address Demand for Greater Flexibility in Deployment and Management of Security Provides simple, comprehensive security across endpoints using cloud, hybrid or on-premise deployment
DALLAS, April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global pioneer in security software, today announced major upgrades to the Trend Micro™ Complete User Protection solution. As companies seek to transition to the cloud without compromising security or performance, Trend Micro has developed enhancements to meet growing demands for greater protection against next-gen threats and flexibility for deployment, management and pricing. Improvements span PC and mobile endpoints, email and collaboration, and Web security to enable integrated visibility and threat response. With "mix-and-match" support for cloud, hybrid and on-premise deployments, the solution updates are ideal for enterprises and mid-size businesses moving to the cloud.
"Trend Micro is leading the charge on delivering the most comprehensive threat protection against the latest security challenges," said Eric Skinner, vice president, solutions marketing, Trend Micro. "At the same time, we're listening to our customers who are asking for simplicity of security management, especially as cloud migration gains momentum. In response, our unique offering provides flexible management and licensing across cloud and on-premise environments, so customers have what they need regardless of where they are in the cloud adoption process."
In a March 2014 survey on technology adoption commissioned by Trend Micro and conducted by Forrester Consulting, a majority (77 percent) of global IT security decision makers acknowledged it was important, or very important, to have flexibility of cloud, on-premise or hybrid deployment, with the ability to recalibrate as requirements change. Trend Micro believes that its Complete User Protection solution uniquely addresses this concern by granting customers a blended offering of on-premise and SaaS deployments without having to switch environments.
New enhancements to the Complete User Protection solution, include:
- Application control enables category-based whitelisting and PC endpoint lockdown as an additional layer of protection against advanced malware and targeted attacks that evade signature-based defense
- Browser exploit detection protects against attacks directed at unpatched browser vulnerabilities
- Cloud-based secure Web gateway deployment as an alternative or complement to Trend Micro's existing on-premise Web gateway
- Improved endpoint encryption includes pre-boot authentication and management for Windows Bitlocker and MacOS FileVault native disk encryption
- User-centric visibility of the updated Trend Micro Control Manager central console, for better investigation and threat response, including dashboard status of incidents and compliance, and visibility across PC, Mac and mobile endpoints
- Refreshed vulnerability protection capabilities that proactively protect against exploits directed at operating system and application vulnerabilities until patches can be deployed
- Expanded hosted email security for inbound and outbound protection of Microsoft Office365 deployments
Improved management and licensing:
- Enhanced central management with user-centric visibility of threat incidents and other statuses with the ability to manage cloud and on-premise components in one integrated console
- Simplified all-inclusive suite packaging, enabling easy selection and ordering by customers and channel partners, providing cloud and on-premise capabilities with the ability to "mix-and-match" deployments
- Comprehensive suite options with only endpoint protection capabilities or bundled with mail, web and collaboration server and gateway security
- Per-user pricing on each suite with 24/7 support included, along with streamlined deployment and activation features to reduce IT workload
To reinforce its position as a threat defense expert, Trend Micro consistently earns impressive scores in third-party testing. In AV-TEST's February 2014 evaluation, the company tied for a perfect score in protection and scored number one overall across protection, performance and usability attributes. Trend Micro was also named a leader in the January 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, which evaluates completeness of vision and ability to execute.
Customer feedback on Complete User Protection:
DCI Donor Services (DCI), which helps save and enhance lives through organ and tissue donation, is using the solution to support more than 300 employees and approximately 400-500 devices, including laptops and tablets.
"Since we deployed Trend Micro's security solutions, we've seen a decrease in time spent looking for security compromises," said Greg Bell, IT director, DCI Donor Services. "The user interface is simple and easy to manage, which helps us be as efficient as possible. Plus, it alerts us when there's a threat detected across endpoints, from laptops, to desktops or servers – we don't have to go out and find it. That allows us more time and resources to focus on our mission to save and enhance lives."
To learn more about how DCI Donor Services protects patient and donor data, watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm41P9LPmSc.
Availability: Trend Micro's updated Complete User Protection solution is shipping today in English-language editions. New licensing and packaging features launch in select U.S. markets today, with a global rollout throughout 2014.
For additional details about the new Complete User Protection solution, visit: http://www.trendmicro.com/switch.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in security software, strives to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Built on 25 years of experience, our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered data security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative security technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and fits an evolving ecosystem. All of our solutions are powered by cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ infrastructure, and are supported by over 1,200 threat experts around the globe. For more information, visit TrendMicro.com.
SOURCE Trend Micro Incorporated