SEATTLE, Feb. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- RealNetworks, Inc.® (Nasdaq: RNWK) today released a new version of RealPlayer® SP that includes a new trimming feature that lets people quickly edit their video clips to focus just on the content that they want to keep and share with family, friends and social networks. Additional new features include an ever expanding list of supported devices and the ability to easily upload personal video and audio to social networking sites.
Available for free at www.realplayer.com, RealPlayer SP continues to be the easiest way to download, share and transfer personal videos to mobile phones and other devices. Since launching the RealPlayer SP beta in June 2009, it has been downloaded over 70 million times.
"As the use of video explodes, we continue to make it easier for people to enjoy their media with friends and family," Jeff Chasen, vice president of Product Development at RealNetworks. "The new features in RealPlayer SP allow users to quickly edit and share the parts of their video that matter the most."
Consumers now have the ability to trim their personal videos down to their favorite moments, easily upload those videos to Facebook and YouTube to share with friends, and transfer them to view on a range of supported devices, including Nexus One, Droid, BlackBerry Storm 2, iPhone, and many others.
Fast Facts about RealPlayer SP:
- New features include the ability to trim your favorite videos down to the most important moments.
- Transfer video to a constantly expanding list of devices, including Nexus One, Droid, BlackBerry smartphones, Nokia S60 devices, Palm Pre, iPhone, iPod, iTunes, Xbox and many other devices through automatic conversion and transfer to the correct device format, including H.264, MPEG4, Windows Media, QuickTime, and RealVideo.
- Download videos with one-click from thousands of sites.
- Easily share videos on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Create audio-only files from videos for playback on devices that only support audio.
- Support for latest versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.
RealPlayer SP is available as a free download from www.realplayer.com. Support for H.264 video conversion, DVD playback, and DVD burning is still available to those customers who upgrade to RealPlayer SP Plus at a one-time cost of $39.99.
RealNetworks, Inc. delivers digital entertainment services to consumers via PC, portable music player, home entertainment system or mobile phone. Real® created the streaming media category in 1995 and has continued to lead the market with pioneering products and services, including: RealPlayer®, the first mainstream media application to enable the downloading and transfer of online video to mobile devices; the Rhapsody® digital music service, which delivers a catalogue of more than 8 million songs to users at home, work and on-the-go; GameHouse®.com, one of the premier casual games destinations on the Web; and a variety of mobile entertainment services, such as ringback tones, offered to consumers through leading wireless carriers around the world. RealNetworks' corporate information is located at www.realnetworks.com/company.
RealNetworks, RealPlayer, Real, Rhapsody and GameHouse are trademarks or registered trademarks of RealNetworks, Inc. All other trademarks, names of actual companies and products mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE RealNetworks, Inc.