UBM Electronics Announces the Finalists for the Test & Measurement World Best in Test Awards Honors Excellence and Innovation in Test, Measurement, Inspection Products, Services and Professionals
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, has announced the finalists for the 2012 Best in Test awards, selected by the editors of Test & Measurement World. The program comprises three main categories – the Best in Test Product Awards, the Test of Time awards, and Test Engineer of the Year award. Winners will be announced during a Best in Test 2012 awards ceremony on January 31st during a ceremony held in conjunction with DesignCon 2012.
"Since 1991 we have honored key, innovative new products and services as well as outstanding industry professionals in the electronics test and measurement industry," said Patrick Mannion, Director of Content, Test & Measurement World. "We have reviewed many outstanding products and congratulate the finalists on their achievements."
The 2012 Best in Test Product Awards recognize innovations released between November 1, 2010 and September 30, 2011 that have made an especially significant contribution to the test industry. In addition, one product is selected from the pool of Best in Test finalists and named the Test Product of the Year. The Test of Time Award honors an older test product that continues to provide state-of-the-art performance at least five years after its introduction. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible for both the Best in Test and Test of Time Awards.
Each year finalists are selected from among the nominees by Test & Measurement World's editors, after which Test & Measurement World's engineering audience are invited to vote for the winners using an online ballot. Test & Measurement World then uses a combination of these audience votes and balloting by its editorial staff to determine the Best in Test and Test of Time winners. The Test Engineer of the Year Award acknowledges the valuable contributions of a single test engineer, who will be given the opportunity to designate an educational institution for a $10,000 grant, courtesy of National Instruments. Each year, the test community nominates engineers for this prestigious award and six finalists are selected from the recommendations submitted.
The Best in Test finalists include:
- ATE/Production Test - Advantest; Geotest - Marvin Test Systems; Teradyne; Averna; Aeroflex
- Bus and Logic Analyzers - Total Phase; Agilent Technologies
- Data Acquisition - KineticSystems; Data Translation; CAEN; Measurement Computing
- Design for Test/Boundary Scan - JTAG Technologies; ASSET InterTech; Goepel Electronic
- Embedded Test - Goepel Electronic; ASSET InterTech; Test Research; Kozio
- Functional Test - Spectracom; Agilent Technologies; TRICENTIS Technology & Consulting
- LTE Test - Anritsu; JDSU; Spirent Communications
- Machine Vision/Inspection - Teledyne DALSA; Test Research; ViTrox Technologies
- Multimeters - Redfish Instruments; Agilent Technologies
- Optical and Network Testers - Insight Photonic Solutions; Ixia; Mu Dynamics; Anritsu; JDSU; Spirent Communications
- Oscilloscopes - Fluke; Agilent Technologies; Tektronix; Pico Technology; National Instruments; LeCroy
- PHY Test - Sifos Technologies; Centellax
- RF/Microwave Test - Tegam; Pickering Interfaces; Agilent Technologies; Azimuth Systems; Aeroflex; Averna; ZTEC Instruments
- Semiconductor Test - Aeroflex; Cascade Microtech; Advantest; Geotest - Marvin Test Systems
- Signal Analyzers - Advantest; Rohde & Schwarz; National Instruments; Anritsu; Yokogawa Corporation of America; ZTEC Instruments
- Signal Sources - Agilent Technologies; Signatec
- Source-Measure Instruments - Keithley Instruments; Agilent Technologies; National Instruments
The annual Test of Time awards honors a test, measurement, or inspection product that continues to provide state-of-the-art performance more than five years after its introduction in ten categories. To be considered, the nominated products had to be released before January 1, 2007.
The Test of Time finalists include:
- BITE Bluetooth Qualification Test Systems - AT4 Wireless
- CompuScope Octopus Digitizer Family - Gage Applied Technologies
- IFR 6000 Ramp Test Set - Aeroflex
- IxChariot - Ixia
- J750 Test System - Teradyne
- M200 OTDR - AFL
- PSG Signal Generators - Agilent Technologies
- PZ4000 Power Analyzer - Yokogawa Corporation of America
- Synergy Family of Environmental Test Chamber Controllers - Tidal Engineering
- TestCenter - Spirent Communications
For additional information on the awards program, visit:
To purchase tickets to attend the Best in Test awards ceremony, go to: https://bestintest.reg.ubmelectronics.com/12. Tickets are $99 per person.
About Test & Measurement World
Test & Measurement World serves the information needs of engineers in the electronic original equipment market (EOEM), which includes manufacturers of test equipment, medical equipment, aircraft and aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, and other products and services, as well as engineers in the electronic test, measurement, and inspection industries. Engineers can access technical information geared for on-the-job application, as well as industry news, coverage of the latest standards and technologies, application notes, product specifications, how-to articles, industry events, blogs, and contests. Over 60,000 individuals in engineering management, engineering technical/staff, and corporate and general management rely on Test & Measurement World to keep them up-to-date on current developments, regulatory requirements, trends, and innovations in the test and measurement marketplace.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with the UBM Electronics global brands, which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines, and Embedded.com. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics' market-leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon, and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, and address the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions, and research to accelerate technology sales. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics